• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Decision '08

-chw42-

Like a Boss
I've been hearing everywhere that Obama basically has this thing wrapped up.

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
-chw42- said:
I've been hearing everywhere that Obama basically has this thing wrapped up.
I sure hope he does...
Because as i see it, if McCain gets into power with Iran and China going the way they are i really dont see much of a future for the Western world.

JEMdev

madsoul said:
good boy

nah, but really, it will be fun to see the reactions of all the rednecks/racists in the US when they get a black man as there president. i still cant belive there are such people left on this planet.

it actually depends on where you go

i live in a very redneck area, and racial tensions are pretty low

its mainly old people,

every year a group of rednecks puts full size rebel flags in the back of there trucks (standing up) and circle the school 3 times, on the last day of school

they then go and get along with black folk like nothing happened

so i figure texas is pretty good, Louisiana isn't that bad either, i get along with most blacks i meet.

I have been to arkansas though, and there racial tension is just rediculous

blacks hate whites
and whites hate blacks

If you get gas in the black part of town you get bad looks, and i mean BAD looks, i asked a black guy a question one time, and he completely ignored me.

you don't even have to look for whites being racist though
you can overhear them spewing hate speech

however, places like

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
It's not over till it's over. Remember hearing about when Truman ran against Dewey? And you can't forget the Bradley Effect.

.A.J.

JEMdev said:
he's set to win virginia and florida
Actually Florida has been tightening up. Between the shit kicking rednecks in the panhandle and various Republican strongholds aside from that, Obama needs to do a lot of work in FL.

I was encouraged by the Obama rally in Miami the other day. I ended up going and was shocked by the size and diversity of the crowd. The experience was also an excellent reminder of why I do my best to stay out of Miami.

Teowulf said:
It's not over till it's over. Remember hearing about when Truman ran against Dewey? And you can't forget the Bradley Effect.
I remember that newspapers ran headlines declaring the wrong winner (Dewey). It is never over until it's over, which may be after some more lawsuits this year.

BTW It's the Bradley effect. After Tom Bradley, who lost the governor election in California. Brady was a guy they named the Brady Bill (waiting period for handgun purchases) after. He was the guy that got shot when they tried to assassinate Reagan .

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
.A.J. said:
Actually Florida has been tightening up. Between the shit kicking rednecks in the panhandle and various Republican strongholds aside from that, Obama needs to do a lot of work in FL.

I was encouraged by the Obama rally in Miami the other day. I ended up going and was shocked by the size and diversity of the crowd. The experience was also an excellent reminder of why I do my best to stay out of Miami.

I remember that newspapers ran headlines declaring the wrong winner (Dewey). It is never over until it's over, which may be after some more lawsuits this year.

BTW It's the Bradley effect. After Tom Bradley, who lost the governor election in California. Brady was a guy they named the Brady Bill (waiting period for handgun purchases) after. He was the guy that got shot when they tried to assassinate Reagan .
Doh, yeh- I knew that. Brady, Bradley, same thing. :p

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Gotta love Larry David:

I can't take much more of this. Two weeks to go, and I'm at the end of my rope. I can't work. I can eat, but mostly standing up. I'm anxious all the time and taking it out on my ex-wife, which, ironically, I'm finding enjoyable. This is like waiting for the results of a biopsy. Actually, it's worse. Biopsies only take a few days, maybe a week at the most, and if the biopsy comes back positive, there's still a potential cure. With this, there's no cure. The result is final. Like death.

Five times a day I'll still say to someone, "I don't know what I'm going to do if McCain wins." Of course, the reality is I'm probably not going to do anything. What can I do? I'm not going to kill myself. If I didn't kill myself when I became impotent for two months in 1979, I'm certainly not going to do it if McCain and Palin are elected, even if it's by nefarious means. If Obama loses, it would be easier to live with it if it's due to racism rather than if it's stolen. If it's racism, I can say, "Okay, we lost, but at least it's a democracy. Sure, it's a democracy inhabited by a majority of disgusting, reprehensible turds, but at least it's a democracy." If he loses because it's stolen, that will be much worse. Call me crazy, but I'd rather live in a democratic racist country than a non-democratic non-racist one. (It's not exactly a Hobson's choice, but it's close, and I think Hobson would compliment me on how close I've actually come to giving him no choice. He'd love that!)

The one concession I've made to maintain some form of sanity is that I've taken to censoring my news, just like the old Soviet Union. The citizenry (me) only gets to read and listen to what I deem appropriate for its health and well-being. Sure, there are times when the system breaks down. Michele Bachmann got through my radar this week, right before bedtime. That's not supposed to happen. That was a lapse in security, and I've had to make some adjustments. The debates were particularly challenging for me to monitor. First I tried running in and out of the room so I would only hear my guy. This worked until I knocked over a tray of hors d'oeuvres. "Sit down or get out!" my host demanded. "Okay," I said, and took a seat, but I was more fidgety than a ten-year-old at temple. I just couldn't watch without saying anything, and my running commentary, which mostly consisted of "Shut up, you prick!" or "You're a fucking liar!!!" or "Go to hell, you cocksucker!" was way too distracting for the attendees, and finally I was asked to leave.

Assuming November 4th ever comes, my big decision won't be where I'll be watching the returns, but if I'll be watching. I believe I have big jinx potential and may have actually cost the Dems the last two elections. I know I've jinxed sporting events. When my teams are losing and I want them to make a comeback, all I have to do is leave the room. Works every time. So if I do watch, I'll do it alone. I can't subject other people to me in my current condition. I just don't like what I've turned into -- and frankly I wasn't that crazy about me even before the turn. This election is having the same effect on me as marijuana. All of my worst qualities have been exacerbated. I'm paranoid, obsessive, nervous, and totally mental. It's one long, intense, bad trip. I need to come down. Soon.

Source

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Teowulf said:
Doh, yeh- I knew that. Brady, Bradley, same thing. :p
The Bradley effect I think is dead in the sense that people don't lie about racism anymore. 30 Years ago Bradley lost apparently because of lingering racism. These days I would say that the lessening number of racists are pretty outspoken and I doubt that they would lie to polls about it. What I could see, though is a new "Obama" effect, where people lied to polls just because of all the hype around the guy, pressure from media, etc. This guy has more buzz around him than I've ever seen, and people might lie to polls not because of race, but because of hype. Just my 2 cents.

.A.J.

I had some time off today and I decided to go vote. Apparently the early voting location near me has one of the shortest lines in my county. I couldn't believe the line I had to stand in. It took me an hour, forty-five minutes and ten seconds to get into the booth. This was excluding the time it took for finding parking and walking to the line. I have never seen anything like this in my life.

The line went around the corner and a good portion of it was outside of the mandatory (in FL) one-hundred foot "no campaigning" zone around the polling station. As a result, I had to deal with people attempting to convince me that I should vote for x because he's y and so on and so forth. Only one of them even mentioned their candidates platform. Are people really convinced, while in line to vote, who or what to vote for?