• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Xbox 360 DVD flashing guide

eldiablov

Contributor
I just finished flahing my benq !!!! Im so fucking happy right now xD

My hand started bleeding in the process because the 360 case cut me :(

But yeah, after I figured out which one of three sata ports on my VIA card to plug my 360 into it was a piece of cake.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
eldiablov said:
I just finished flahing my benq !!!! Im so fucking happy right now xD

My hand started bleeding in the process because the 360 case cut me :(

But yeah, after I figured out which one of three sata ports on my VIA card to plug my 360 into it was a piece of cake.

A lot of people will freak out and say only buy Verbatim dual layers, but I've had luck with Memorex as well.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Mine played any brand of dvd... But I switched back to verbatim cause cheap shit wore my lens out faster

{edit} Don't you need a certian type of sata card to flash an MS28?

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
Mr. Beefy said:
A lot of people will freak out and say only buy Verbatim dual layers, but I've had luck with Memorex as well.
Memorex are okay, but if you want to be sure of Sound, Textures or not dropping out Verbatims are worth it.

James.

User Not Found
eldiablov said:
BEST FLASHING GUIDE EVAR
There's No link there!

Nice to see you're supporting M4M
-----------------------------------------

I've got a Sata -> Usb Converter, could I use that?

eldiablov

Contributor
There is a link there ... are you blind? Put your mouse on them words. Whats with the sarcastic statment about my support for the site? :neutral:
And I would not advise using a usb sata converter, I have heard mixed reports.

James.

User Not Found
eldiablov said:
There is a link there ... are you blind? Put your mouse on them words. Whats with the sarcastic statment? :neutral:

And I would not advise using a usb sata converter, I have heard mixed reports.
I know there is >.<
I was just joking

And could I use a laptop with a sata card put in the side? (If they exist) Or does that not make a difference?

I'm completely lost when it comes to this.

Access_Denied

FullMetalCat said:
Does anyone know if the Intel i945g/gz chipset works with a BenQ drive?

No way to know except to try. When I did my first 360, I had to buy a VIA chipset on newegg. It cost $20, but it's well worth it knowing you'll be able to handle every 360 drive.

James.

User Not Found
Alright guys,
I've been looking at some websites to see if I can "estimate" my drives firmware.
I know for sure I have a Hitachi, but I'm not completely sure the version obviously.
I found a website (360drives.com) and I was wondering if it is reliable, because all the 360s with my lot number, simmilar manufacture dates (2/3 days) and with Hitachi Drives all have v59.

Separate question:
Is it worth getting one of these ?

I swear after I've done this, I'll stop asking questions.
Maybe

twelve

I'm not dead
eldiablov said:
You know all this guide came from that and x-scene right?

Access_Denied said:
This MUST be mentioned in the first post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73GV6l41IpM

It works with the newer sticks too, but they take a little longer. Also, DO NOT put the sticker back on until you are SURE it works. Removing the sticker too many times will ruin it.
Why? Opening the case voids the warranty, not removing the sticker.

I've flashed 3 or 4 360's that didn't even come with a sticker to begin with.

Access_Denied

twelve said:
You know all this guide came from that and x-scene right?

Why? Opening the case voids the warranty, not removing the sticker.

I've flashed 3 or 4 360's that didn't even come with a sticker to begin with.
Yes, but to open the case, you have to break the sticker. If you never break the sticker, they never know you opened the case. And all 360s come with a sticker from the factory. At least in the USA they do. I make sure I save all my stickers that way I can still save my RROD warranty.

Access_Denied

James. said:
Alright guys,
I've been looking at some websites to see if I can "estimate" my drives firmware.
I know for sure I have a Hitachi, but I'm not completely sure the version obviously.
I found a website (360drives.com) and I was wondering if it is reliable, because all the 360s with my lot number, simmilar manufacture dates (2/3 days) and with Hitachi Drives all have v59.

Separate question:
Is it worth getting one of these ?

I swear after I've done this, I'll stop asking questions.
Maybe

Yes, that site is reliable. And no, it's not worth it to get the blaster. You won't have to update your firmware often. So it's no big deal.

Also, lucky for you, Hitachi drives will work will almost any chipset, so you don't need to buy a VIA SATA card.

James.

User Not Found
Access_Denied said:
Yes, that site is reliable. And no, it's not worth it to get the blaster. You won't have to update your firmware often. So it's no big deal.

Also, lucky for you, Hitachi drives will work will almost any chipset, so you don't need to buy a VIA SATA card.

Thamks, looks like I'm going to flash my 360 in the coming weeks.
I might wait for the new dashboard. Just in case ;)

Thanks again :)

FullMetalCat

Access_Denied said:
No way to know except to try. When I did my first 360, I had to buy a VIA chipset on newegg. It cost $20, but it's well worth it knowing you'll be able to handle every 360 drive.
How can I test it out?