• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Decision '08

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
.A.J. said:
Are people really convinced, while in line to vote, who or what to vote for?

Maybe not, but it doesn't hurt to try. I'm a little pissed Connecticut doesn't have early voting because it is going to be a zoo on Election Day.

Slasher

Suck It
When I voted for the Canadian election a couple of weeks back, there was no line up whatsoever lol. Absolutely 0 people. I walked right up, cast my vote, then dropped it in the box in less than 5 minutes. Probably contributing to the fact that it was the lowest voter turn out in Canadian history.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Some of you guys might not even remember this ad campaign from back in the day. Others will though:

[yt]Qq8Uc5BFogE[/yt]

omracer

HUH :confused:

Abe Froeman said:
Some of you guys might not even remember this ad campaign from back in the day. Others will though:

[yt]Qq8Uc5BFogE[/yt]

ok then. :confused: :confused:

is this serious ad campaign or a take the piss out of bush thing since to me thats what it looks like.

ramdomly funny though

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
It’s not airing on TV, but it you would need to remember the original ads that did air on TV eight years ago. It’s a timely satire of what these characters have been up to in the eight years that the Bush Administration has been in office.

I'm a left wing nutjob to frame my posts in this thread.

.A.J.

Abe Froeman said:

[yt]Qq8Uc5BFogE[/yt]
That was a great video. I laughed my ass off watching it. Thank you very much for posting it as it brightened up my otherwise crummy day. It is appropriate for this election. I'm not a left wing nut job and it's still hysterical.

One of the Democratic 527's should run that during late night and sporting events this week. Is there a way to download it?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm a little on the fence about the 30 minute TV spot Obama is paying for tonight. I think the last candidate to do something like this was Ross Perot.

.A.J.

Why are you on the fence about it? Is it just the idea of it or have you seen some of it's content? I haven't seen any of it and am curious about what information it will contain. I also remember when Perot did this. Perot didn't really have a chance in that election whereas Obama has a 50/50 chance to win this one.

I think it really comes down to who his target audience for the ad is and what message and approach he decides to go with. Who knows how many people will actually watch it to begin with?

Edit: omracer, Thanks for the download link. I appreciate it.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm sure many people will watch it.

I just have a feeling it might turn some people off at the last minute, but I am still very confident going into next Tuesday that he will win. Barring any shenanigans from the republicans in any swing states like the flyer that they are sending out to registered democrats saying that they need to vote on Wednesday due to the large turnout.

hippie

my high school just tallied its mock vote

Musselman High School

Obama: 47%
McCain: 42%
Independent: 11%

.A.J.

I'm sure a lot of people will watch it. I'm wondering how many people not already planning on voting for him will watch it. Hopefully those people will give it a chance. I too fear that it may turn people off. However, it is him and his campaign trying to do what they feel is best for their cause. I can't fault them for that. I wish McCain had one as well.

I heard about that flyer and I think it is a pile of crap. I wish there were a way to punish whomever issued it. There will always be shenanigans in our elections.

hippie
"my high school just tallied its mock vote

Musselman High School

Independent: 11%"

Was that the actual ballot? I hope not because that is a joke. I don't mean to single out your school as I just watched a _____strategist say the same crap on cable news an hour ago. I've actually heard this a few times in the last few days from both sides. Earth to U.S. residents: Independent relates to party affiliation and does not equal undecided.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
one of my moms friends is going to be in the 30min ad, so im def watching it.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
.A.J. said:
Why are you on the fence about it? Is it just the idea of it or have you seen some of it's content? I haven't seen any of it and am curious about what information it will contain. I also remember when Perot did this. Perot didn't really have a chance in that election whereas Obama has a 50/50 chance to win this one.

I think it really comes down to who his target audience for the ad is and what message and approach he decides to go with. Who knows how many people will actually watch it to begin with?

Edit: omracer, Thanks for the download link. I appreciate it.

Perot did get around 19% of the national vote though. Very impressive for a third party candidate.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
.A.J. said:
I'm sure a lot of people will watch it. I'm wondering how many people not already planning on voting for him will watch it. Hopefully those people will give it a chance. I too fear that it may turn people off. However, it is him and his campaign trying to do what they feel is best for their cause. I can't fault them for that. I wish McCain had one as well.

I heard about that flyer and I think it is a pile of crap. I wish there were a way to punish whomever issued it. There will always be shenanigans in our elections.

hippie
"my high school just tallied its mock vote

Musselman High School

Independent: 11%"

Was that the actual ballot? I hope not because that is a joke. I don't mean to single out your school as I just watched a _____strategist say the same crap on cable news an hour ago. I've actually heard this a few times in the last few days from both sides. Earth to U.S. residents: Independent relates to party affiliation and does not equal undecided.

I think somebody made a typo. Somebody put in an extra one.

Slasher

Suck It
In my political science class lecture, the professor asked all 300 students who they would vote for if they had the choice. I'd say about 98% of everyone raised their hand saying they would vote obama, then there were like 5-10 people who raised their hand for McCain. Pretty interesting.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
omracer said:
i wanna watch it but im in the UK.
would this be streamed online.
if not, it'll hit youtube or torrents

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
Which way do you guys think Florida will lean? I'm filling out a prediction sheet right now for my Gov class, and this is the last state I need to choose a side for. I'm leaning towards the right for it, simply because there was a much larger turnout of republicans in the primaries, and Clinton won it during the primaries.