• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

God Talk

matt

Access_Denied said:
Exactly, do you see how screwed up that system of beliefs is? Let's just say, that God actually did create us all. He gave us all characteristics and abilities. Among these, is compassion. He gave all humans compassion for one another. I have compassion for other humans. So, tell me, how am I supposed to believe in a God that is going to make most of humanity suffer forever for something that is his fault? Especially when I have compassion for all the humans he's sending to hell?

Yeah, see, you're not making any sense. You keep going on and on about how God created humanity. Well, that means that he also created our thought processes. Which means that before he even created us, he doomed most of us to eternal damnation.

This view of God makes him look like one sadistic son of a bitch.

Really, go actually read the Bible. The bible says that all paths lead to the same fate. That means that all religions lead to heaven, even non-Christian ones. Because God realizes that not EVERYBODY thinks the same, and just because people have independent thought, doesn't mean that they're bad people.

So, I know you were hell bent on keeping Atheists out of heaven, but it's not happening.
If you go to Hell it is your fault, not God's. God gave us free will, and we must choose to have faith in him. Atheists are not going to Heaven.

The Bible says that the path to Heaven is a narrow path, while the path to Hell is a wide one.

eldiablov

Contributor
Matt said:
If you go to Hell it is your fault, not God's. God gave us free will, and we must choose to have faith in him. Atheists are not going to Heaven.

The Bible says that the path to Heaven is a narrow path, while the path to Hell is a wide one.

Sorry to bring this up again but nobody answered me. The bible also says god created the sun by saying "Let there be light". Do you believe this to be true?

Do you honestly believe he made everything just by saying "Let it be" ...

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
Wow.... quick mods here.
Anywho, I think that if God is as great as people believe he is, then why wouldn't he be able to create the sun.

matt

Ciaran said:
So do people following the Qur'an end up in hell?
My pastor said that he thinks that God has a plan for those who follow Islam, even though they do not believe in Jesus as the Son of God, but as a prophet.

eldiablov said:
Sorry to bring this up again but nobody answered me. The bible also says god created the sun by saying "Let there be light". Do you believe this to be true?

Do you honestly believe he made everything just by saying "Let it be" ...
As I said before, you musn't always take the bible literally. There was definitely power behind those words, and there could be more to it than that. When the bible refers to the "days" of creation, those days could be a vast amount of years. Days wouldn't be measured in the kind of days we use.

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
Matt said:
My pastor said that he thinks that God has a plan for those who follow Islam, even though they do not believe in Jesus as the Son of God, but as a prophet.

But the bible says this, which includes Muslims in that category:

Matthew: 10:14-15
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Oh, and to whoever was talking about it earlier: the bible pretty much says that it's God's fault that people take the wrong religion, but He'll punish them anyways:

Ezekiel 14:9
And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.

matt

Teowulf said:
But the bible says this, which includes Muslims in that category:

Oh, and to whoever was talking about it earlier: the bible pretty much says that it's God's fault that people take the wrong religion, but He'll punish them anyways:
Matthew 10:14-15 means: "Cities that neither 'receive' the disciples nor 'hear' their words will be destroyed by God. It will be worse for them than for Sodom and Gomorrah."

In Ezekiel 14:9, the Lord indicates that He will induce or deceive a prophet. Contextually, we are reading of a time when the people of God were being unfaithful, setting up idols for themselves. If such a one came to inquire of a prophet, and the prophet presumed to speak, the Lord would stretch out his hand against both the idolator and the prophet. This is much the same as was found in 2 Thessalonians 2, for the people and many prophets had forsaken the Lord's way. He would use their own departure as His means of bringing judgment upon them.

Tsunaii

eMummeh
Matt said:

what if you dont want to go to heaven or hell? what if you wanna just rejoin the lifestream?

Teowulf

Matt said:
Matthew 10:14-15 means: "Cities that neither 'receive' the disciples nor 'hear' their words will be destroyed by God. It will be worse for them than for Sodom and Gomorrah."
I am aware. So pretty much any Muslim city will be destroyed by the wrath of God. So if your pastor says that "God has a plan for those who follow Islam," his plan is to destroy their cities, even more so than Sodom and Gomorrah?

In Ezekiel 14:9, the Lord indicates that He will induce or deceive a prophet. Contextually, we are reading of a time when the people of God were being unfaithful, setting up idols for themselves. If such a one came to inquire of a prophet, and the prophet presumed to speak, the Lord would stretch out his hand against both the idolator and the prophet. This is much the same as was found in 2 Thessalonians 2, for the people and many prophets had forsaken the Lord's way. He would use their own departure as His means of bringing judgment upon them.

So if someone came to inquire about Mohammad, and Mohammad spoke, the Lord would stretch out his hand against Mohammad and those of the Muslim faith.

matt

Teowulf said:
I am aware. So pretty much any Muslim city will be destroyed by the wrath of God. So if your pastor says that "God has a plan for those who follow Islam," his plan is to destroy their cities, even more so than Sodom and Gomorrah?
Jesus is saying this to the Twelve Apostles when He sends them out. Cities that didn't recieve them nor hear their words would be destroyed. You act as if this applies today, but the Twelve Apostles do not exist.

Teowulf said:
So if someone came to inquire about Mohammad, and Mohammad spoke, the Lord would stretch out his hand against Mohammad and those of the Muslim faith.
Contextually, we are reading of a time when the people of God were being unfaithful, setting up idols for themselves.

Please make this clear to me as why you are trying to turn these verses against the Muslims. Islams did not exist at the time the verses refer to.

Teowulf

Matt said:
Jesus is saying this to the Twelve Apostles when He sends them out. Cities that didn't recieve them nor hear their words would be destroyed. You act as if this applies today, but the Twelve Apostles do not exist.
Yes, but the bible is not meant to be taken literally, as you already stated. That whole part can easily be interpreted as referring to cities that do not accept Christianity.

Matt said:
Please make this clear to me as why you are trying to turn these verses against the Muslims. Islams did not exist at the time the verses refer to.
Yes, but the bible still applies today- as you say. If other versus about random words of advice and laws still apply today, those versus apply contextually today.

It's much like the constitution, in that its writings can be interpreted in many ways. The constitution was written in such away that requires very little amending, and so it doesn't really matter if the internet is invented, or other things that change the face of American society. The bible is just like that. If you couldn't apply the lessons of it to today, it would be irrelevant and outdated.

eldiablov

Contributor
Matt said:
As I said before, you musn't always take the bible literally.

Who are you to decide what we must and musn't take literally :neutral:

In my view if you can't take a holy book literally in the modern world then it shouldn't be followed.

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
Please a man created the world?
jesus was real he didn't have magic powers yes he dies because he thought he was a super person.

If you believe in god and a person told you he was god you'd laugh so basically you dont have belief lol

Zx30

Beto
I was raised to be religious, but I'm not. I just think it is too confusing. I've been told that people,way back in the f'ing day, wrote the bible. There are many stories put together in the bible. Well who wrote them? How do you know? Yes you'll hear names like John and all that stuff. But how do you know someone named John wrote it? No one knows, it's just blind faith people are believing in. I just wish there was more proof.

matt

Teowulf said:
Yes, but the bible is not meant to be taken literally, as you already stated. That whole part can easily be interpreted as referring to cities that do not accept Christianity.
That is what Jesus told the Twelve Apostles when he sent them out to spread the word of God. I suppose it could also be interpreted that God will destroy cities that don't accept God when the Apocalypse comes.

Teowulf said:
Yes, but the bible still applies today- as you say. If other versus about random words of advice and laws still apply today, those versus apply contextually today.

It's much like the constitution, in that its writings can be interpreted in many ways. The constitution was written in such away that requires very little amending, and so it doesn't really matter if the internet is invented, or other things that change the face of American society. The bible is just like that. If you couldn't apply the lessons of it to today, it would be irrelevant and outdated.
Yes, the bible still applies today, but that verse refers to a time when God was angry with the people because they were setting up idols for themselves to worship instead of God, such as a golden cow they decided to worship. We are meant to learn from this and not to make these mistakes again. That is how it applies today.

eldiablov

Contributor
MiKeY188 said:
Please a man created the world?

jesus was real he didn't have magic powers

yes he dies because he thought he was a super person.

If you believe in god and a person told you he was god you'd laugh so basically you dont have belief lol

1. If you believe in god you do not believe him to be a man
2. Proof?
3. What? :/
4. Although you said it crudely I have to agree.

And Matt, do you wanna reply to my statement just above yours?

matt

eldiablov said:
Who are you to decide what we must and musn't take literally :neutral:

In my view if you can't take a holy book literally in the modern world then it shouldn't be followed.
I have learned a lot from going to church all my life. If there is something I don't understand, I ask my pastor for guidance. He warned me that there are those who twist the words of the Bible into something that is against God.

madsoul

so matt...

god lets murderers, brutal people who belive in him if they ask for forgivness pass up to heaven. and nice, normal people who struggles for survival and has never hurt a fly and lost all fate in god or never thought he existed, burn in hell.

if thats true god is one sadistic evil force and dont care a crap about his own creation. how can you love god if you dont see his disgusting flaws??!!

Moose

Meta Moose
This isn't 'twisting words'. It is simply how one interprets the Bible. Whether or not their view on certain subjects within the Bible agrees with yours, is, well, irrelevant.

If I said that I was Christian and thought that all of Islam should be burned to the ground because it doesn't follow my beliefs, and I believed this because it is stated in the Bible, and this is how I interpret it, who are you to say otherwise? I am still Christian, whether you say so or not, and that is what I believe, because that is what is stated in the Bible.

Sorry to say it, but the Bible is just words. They may be 'holy', but they are words none-the-less.

Also... if God has commanded Christians to do the above, and I believe in it, does that mean I am sentenced to eternal damnation for carrying out orders written by God, or even believing in them? You see... there is absolutely no guidance in how the Bible should be interpreted, if at all.