• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Mirrors Edge

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I tried the demo and sure enough I don't think I'll be able to play this game. I'm susceptible to vertigo with 1st person games and the mechanics in this game increases that queasy feeling quite a bit; sucks to be me.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
NeilR said:
I tried the demo and sure enough I don't think I'll be able to play this game. I'm susceptible to vertigo with 1st person games and the mechanics in this game increases that queasy feeling quite a bit; sucks to be me.

Have you ever tried taking dramamine to see if it helps when playing?

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Hmm can't say that I have but I'll look into it.

Brad

Yoshimi
Demo was great.

What sucks tho is the PC version is pushed back to Quarter 1 of 2009 now. :tdown:

Vee

z357x said:
yeah, but I feel like I don't want to play it in case I don't like it
What?

If you dont like it, you dont like it. At least it prevents you from spending

Bran

Yell
Yeah, so I played the demo and I was kinda unimpressed. I love how the game looks but the mechanics are random and touchy.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
I really liked the demo, I thought the graphics were amazing, and I liked how the game flows

Adiuvo

androidkaita said:
I really liked the demo, I thought the graphics were amazing, and I liked how the game flows
Celise (whatever her name was) looked like crap. Especially the edges of her face. Jaggies were everywhere.

It doesn't really matter in this game though. You're mainly looking at obstacles in front of you anyways.

Adiuvo

Yeah, I really like the art style as well. It's definitely unique, and they pulled it off great.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Wow, after playing the Demo again, the second time I got through it A LOT faster, maybe like 5 minutes tops. This kinda makes me wish I had the code to try the time Trial.

Bran

Yell
androidkaita said:
I mostly just thought it looked cool how everything was like white, orange or red.
there is some blue too.

But I didn't like how touchy it was. I died like 20 times at the damn helicopter cause it was moving around while I was trying to jump on it.
Also how the doods would hit me before I hit them and then I'd be all confused and blurry and they'd hit me in the back of the head while I was trying to figure out where the hell they were.

It's a fun game but I'd only rent it, but I don't rent things anymore cause it's lame so I'd but it if it were 15 bucks in the future.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
z357x said:
It's a fun game but I'd only rent it, but I don't rent things anymore cause it's lame so I'd but it if it were 15 bucks in the future.
wtf. That makes no sense Even if you got it for $15, you could still rent it for like $10 or under, how is that lame?

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
z357x said:
there is some blue too.

But I didn't like how touchy it was. I died like 20 times at the damn helicopter cause it was moving around while I was trying to jump on it.
Also how the doods would hit me before I hit them and then I'd be all confused and blurry and they'd hit me in the back of the head while I was trying to figure out where the hell they were.

I really didn't notice that it was touchy, I only died twice when I was trying to get across the gap to that pipe. Also there is supposed to be a small time frame to disarm the police, just hit triangle when the gun turns red.
--
Is anyone else confused on which day it comes out? Gamestop still says 11th, while the demo says 13th. Also does that mean it will be in stores on the 11th ?

Bran

Yell
Greyone said:
I really didn't notice that it was touchy, I only died twice when I was trying to get across the gap to that pipe. Also there is supposed to be a small time frame to disarm the police, just hit triangle when the gun turns red.
--
Is anyone else confused on which day it comes out? Gamestop still says 11th, while the demo says 13th. Also does that mean it will be in stores on the 11th ?
well I was running up to the doods you need to fight, and they were shooting at me. So I tried to do a slide kick to hit him in the nuts, but he just shot me anyway and then while I was stunned he whacked me in the head and I died.

That happened a lot.