• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Mirrors Edge

twelve

I'm not dead
There's only two people you have to deal with in the demo, the two guys on the roof top. The 4 people you see when you drop out the vent you're meant to run from.

To deal with the two on the roof top run close to the first one, hit square for runner vision, when his gun goes red hit triangle to steal it. Then shoot the next guy on the stairs/railing.

Bran

Yell
twelve said:
There's only two people you have to deal with in the demo, the two guys on the roof top. The 4 people you see when you drop out the vent you're meant to run from.

To deal with the two on the roof top run close to the first one, hit square for runner vision, when his gun goes red hit triangle to steal it. Then shoot the next guy on the stairs/railing.
Never occurred to me to shoot the other guy. But this is what I was trying (not withe the runner vision, that always just fucked me up) and it never worked cause she dies in like two hits and he always peged me before I could reach him. I eventually just got lucky and he missed or something.

Were people playing the demo on easy or something?

twelve

I'm not dead
I was playing on normal. I didn't realise you could change difficulty until I had finished it. lol

Colm

There's a difficulty level? I deleted that demo...
Anyway, I only used runner vision while walking across that beam, I could disarm the guys fine without it...

twelve

I'm not dead
Eran said:
There's a difficulty level? I deleted that demo...
Anyway, I only used runner vision while walking across that beam, I could disarm the guys fine without it...
Turn off the sixaxis control and getting over beams is much easier.

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
I called Gamestop and they said the won't have it until Wednesday :(

has anyone seen the launch trailer? it's probably the best trailer of the game i've seen so far. There is also a free pack of 5 "Still Alive" mixes.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Grrr, I wish I had a PAL console so i could start playing

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
I don't get why the ign reviewer had such trouble with combat. I had no trouble disarming them every time, and without runner vision. One trick is to run up to them, and then run backwards, and then press triangle after they swing to hit you.

Also, if there had been too many alternate routes, then people would have trouble figuring out where to go.

twelve

I'm not dead
Most of the reviews are similar. It's a love/hate game. I love it and am getting it regardless of reviews.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
It's something fresh and very out of the realm of dark games that this generation has brought (color-wise). I enjoyed the demo and can't wait to get my hands on the final game - I enjoyed the time trials this time around (I usually hate time trials, but I know I can do better and it's a game almost anyone can become an expert in)

twelve

I'm not dead
Parkour is all about getting from A to B as quickly as possible, which is exactly what the time trials are. I'm going to treat the story/campaign as training mode and time trials as the bulk of the game. Can't go wrong then.