• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Stay off of Live if you have a modded console! Nov 10 08

JaX3RiR

Gutya said:
Every topic about this on every forum is fucking hillarious.

Oh and by the way, people with non-modded consoles are getting banned.

Like seriously? >D

I don't want my console to get banned. :/

Otherwise I'm going to pour water on it or whatever and send it back and HOPEFULLY get a new one.

Slasher

Suck It
Gutya said:
Every topic about this on every forum is fucking hillarious.

Oh and by the way, people with non-modded consoles are getting banned.
Banned for what? Owning an xbox?

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Slasher said:
I lol'DxD
I wounder.... how long is the ban system? I was thinking about modding my console but never got around to it.

Gutya

Slasher said:

Which leads people to believe it's a cock-up on Microsoft's part.

Usually when people are banned they can phone up tech support and they'll tell them why they are banned. Reports are suggesting that the people banned recently aren't even on a list of banned users, according to the people at Microsoft support they aren't even banned.

Just wait and see though, no one knows for sure.

twelve

I'm not dead
Access_Denied said:
No, playing GOW2 and COD5 early. Even if you have a legit copy, they don't like it.
Except harmonix who put a message on the menu news ticker saying congratulations for getting it early. I lol'd when I heard about it.

Access_Denied

twelve said:
Except harmonix who put a message on the menu news ticker saying congratulations for getting it early. I lol'd when I heard about it.

Yeah, when I got RB2 a day early, it gave me this message on the home screen:

"Oooh, the normal people aren't getting their copy of Rock Band 2 until tomorrow. I hope that's a real copy!"

Also, we're now getting reports that the server upgrade has a bug. Some people are saying that nobody is actually banned, they're just affected by the server bug. That's why some legit players can't connect either. Hopefully this bug will be cleared up soon.

Gutya

Why are 90% of the Xbox modding community such retards that will listen to whatever anyone says?

Microsoft never ever ban people for playing games early, they have told us this themselves. Sure, EPIC got butthurt about it and threatened to, but they can't do shit.

This "banwave" isn't about playing any game early.

Access_Denied

Gutya said:
Why are 90% of the Xbox modding community such retards that will listen to whatever anyone says?

Microsoft never ever ban people for playing games early, they have told us this themselves. Sure, EPIC got butthurt about it and threatened to, but they can't do shit.

This "banwave" isn't about playing any game early.

We knew it was that. But, we thought that MS was tagging people that played it early, then using some new code to check fro modded consoles. However, we've received confirmation from C4EVA that their algorithm for checking games hasn't changed. (C4EVA made the iXtreme firmware.)

Gutya

You just said that they don't like it when we play games early, and that legit players were getting banned for playing them early.

Make up your mind.

Blackout

I'm going to assume Microsoft has Modded Xboxes themselves and install latest hacked firmwares to attach to their security for reference. (Wild guess)

_Syn

Ouch, it's CONSOLE ban? I thought that this was only going to be USERNAME ban. Sucks for you guys. Why did Microsoft do this anyway?

I think this is their way of selling more of their $199 consoles. Banning people's consoles, then making them buy a new one.

Access_Denied

Yeah, it's a console ban. However, you can unban it using a few hacks, but it's easier just to buy a new one, swap out the guts, then return it.

Also, I don't think anyone's actually been banned. I think it's just a server error. But we don't know for sure yet.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
_Syn said:
Ouch, it's CONSOLE ban? I thought that this was only going to be USERNAME ban.
It has always been a console ban. And I'd rather they ban my console than my Gamertag. You can easily replace a console, but getting all your gamerscore back would take a while.
Sucks for you guys. Why did Microsoft do this anyway?
Hmm... idk, maybe, just maybe, wild out of the blue guess here, they don't want us playing pirated games on their system.
I think this is their way of selling more of their $199 consoles. Banning people's consoles, then making them buy a new one.
Could be that, and also the fact the NXE is coming out soon and they don't want a million pirates taking up their bandwidth

Anyways I'm off to walmart to get a new 360.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Microsoft sent out ban wave. c4eva reported Microsoft used the same criteria as the last ban wave. It wasn't a sever bug. Microsoft's Customer Service had no clue what was going on. All of the 'legit' owners who got banned have said they have sent in their 360 for RROD repair. Most of the time when you send your 360 in for repairs, you won't necessarily get your exact console back. Someone else could have easily sent in their modded console for repair, and got it switched. This could easily explain why the 'legit' owners got banned.

I'd also rather spend 10 minutes talking to Walmart customer service, than 2+hours on the phone with Microsoft's.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Sousanator said:
Microsoft sent out ban wave. c4eva reported Microsoft used the same criteria as the last ban wave. It wasn't a sever bug. Microsoft's Customer Service had no clue what was going on. All of the 'legit' owners who got banned have said they have sent in their 360 for RROD repair. Most of the time when you send your 360 in for repairs, you won't necessarily get your exact console back. Someone else could have easily sent in their modded console for repair, and got it switched. This could easily explain why the 'legit' owners got banned.

I'd also rather spend 10 minutes talking to Walmart customer service, than 2+hours on the phone with Microsoft's.
wow, I wounder how many users got an modded console? that wasn't theres..
Also don't they just fix old parts and remake them for the 360? if so I might got an modded 360...>_>
Anyway to check?