• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Stay off of Live if you have a modded console! Nov 10 08

Access_Denied

There's been a wave of bannings today. We don't know the cause yet. Some were playing COD5 or GOW2, but some were playing already released games. We don't know what it is yet. Just stay off of Live until further notice.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Mister Chief just told me about this so I haven't/won't go on LIVE for awhile.

And since I'm going to be off LIVE for a few days, I may just install the NXE now

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
Just called up a few buddies and informed them of the good news.

Looks like I'm going to be having a shit load of 360's to reflash.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Mr. Beefy said:
Just called up a few buddies and informed them of the good news.

Looks like I'm going to be having a shit load of 360's to reflash.
lol, easy money!:p
@Access_Denied
Thanks for the info, Im think there one guy on my friend list with an modded xbox

explosions

O NOEZ I THINK I GOT B&

halp?

What happens if you get banned? I just get an error message. :|

explosions

Access_Denied said:
You get a message like this if you're banned.

[qimg]http://www.slipperybrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/modified-xbox-banned.jpg[/qimg]
no lol i just get an error msg. well i just tried my non-modified xbox and got the same thing. LOL I GOTTA GO FIX MAH DNS BRB.

Mister Chief

LOLOLOL

So I turn on my 360 because I'm a man and I'm will to face the consequences of my actions. ( That and I should get a new 360 anyway )

So I turn on my 360 and I get an update for the NXE ( NXE users only ). So it updates and my 360 restarts like usual and then WHAM!

Three red lights.

I just laughed.

Mister Chief

We just had another price drop today making the arcade $150 NZD cheaper than the Wii so I may just wait and pick one of those up.

twelve

I'm not dead
Gears 2 leaked unusally early, perhaps MS have been playing dirty tricks and leaked it themselves with a view that anyone that plays it early has a modded console.

I doubt that's it, but it's a theory.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Major Nelson has always hinted that something like this was in the works. I am very curious to find out the detection method though.

Access_Denied

Turns out MS did a server upgrade yesterday, hence the reason people were banned yesterday. However, it still doesn't explain why our console IDs were logged in the first place.

Just stay off of Live and keep checking for updates and the new iXtreme firmware.

Gutya

Every topic about this on every forum is fucking hillarious.

Oh and by the way, people with non-modded consoles are getting banned.