• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gun Control

Savagefreak

$ ./savage.sh
TacticalPenguin said:
And do you really believe in the police having more power than anybody else? Last I checked they are public servants, not controllers. Why should the police and military, under the government's control, have more capability to fight than a civilian? Last I checked the original purpose of the second amendment was for civilians to form a militia. Militias are essentially civilian militaries, so shouldn't they have the same capabilities as a government-subsidized and controlled military?
Because the police is trained to handle a gun.
Imo guns should be banned.

soha

Slasher said:
Look what I said here. I've been talking about assault rifles all along.

Here's what I think: If "assault weapons" weren't allowed from the get-go and weren't distributed so easily and in such quantities, then there would be very few of them available, right? Taking this into consideration, then it would likely be very rare for criminals to even obtain these assault weapons and hence be at virtually an equal level with any citizen. This situation would be completely ideal and make gun control and pistols-only a completely attainable option.

Unfortunately, this is not the case. Assault weapons have been mass produced in staggering quantities and they are readily available no problem as it is now. Hence making it difficult to regulate them and make gun control effective. How can they overcome this obstacle? I don't know.
But you see, there is no real problems with assault weapons. Only 2% of all gun crime involved the criminal using an assault weapon. The other 98% of the time they use either pistols or shotguns. Also assault weapons are pretty well regulated, especially here in commiefornia.
More knowledge.
[YT]sfKADcfE90U[/YT]

Darth Budd

Inna-Gadda-Davida
Savagefreak said:
are the police are trained.

but everyone should be trained to handle a gun before they can buy one, it's like drivers training before you can get your license.

Slasher

Suck It
Darth Budd said:
are the police are trained.

but everyone should be trained to handle a gun before they can buy one, it's like drivers training before you can get your license.
Don't mock someone just because of a language barrier. Clearly his location says he's from the Netherlands, so I doubt english is his first language. Being ignorant isn't likely to make anything you say credible.

Too bad what you said isn't the case. They practically give them away for free

TacticalPenguin

Savagefreak said:

Why shouldn't EVERYONE be trained to handle a gun? As I said before, a civilian with initiative can go become better trained than the majority of police officers in using firearms, so why shouldn't they be allowed to have them?

I am totally for training people and teaching them. If someone has to prove competence and safety knowledge before being allowed to own a gun, that's totally fine by me.

soha

Savagefreak

$ ./savage.sh
Here in the Netherlands you can have and shoot guns, but:
You have to be at least 18,
Must have a gun certificate,
You can't have anything on your Criminal record,
You can only shoot at a shooting range,
And you can have the gun at home, but the ammo must be stored at the Shooting range in a safe.

And imo, that is fine.
Well, at least for the Netherlands.

Terra

I think that it's the intangibles of gun ownership that concern me.
It certainly prevented me from having them, well before we had laws governing them.
We used to shoot on a property (Farm/Ranch) & I done a favour for the owner & he offered me a Luger style handgun that was made from a .22. I was fascinated by it but I knocked it back.
He insisted I take it. I told him that I was too bad tempered when stirred up & I didn't like the idea of a 10 second mistake costing me 10 years in the slot.

It's all well & good to make a gun ownership decision when you're not being intimidated, but alternatively, it's just too easy to pull that trigger.

JMO

madsoul

guns in any form should be banned. gun crazy america. jesus ******* christ.

people who hunt for sport are sick twisted minded people. people who enjoy penetrating a bullet through a deer, for whatever reason there is, have something wrong in there heads.

guns are meant to kill. if you think you are cool for having a gun then there is something wrong with you. deeply deeply wrong.

soha

madsoul said:
guns in any form should be banned. gun crazy america. jesus ******* christ.

people who hunt for sport are sick twisted minded people. people who enjoy penetrating a bullet through a deer, for whatever reason there is, have something wrong in there heads.

guns are meant to kill. if you think you are cool for having a gun then there is something wrong with you. deeply deeply wrong.

:rolleyes:
7/10
i raged.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
TacticalPenguin said:
I'll go for all of the rules of the netherlands except the ammo part. What good is it without ammo?
phallic over compensation?

Anyone remember the movie Shoot 'Em Up?
You know, Hertz, people love guns because America is a land of opportunity where a poor man can become rich and a pussy can become a tough guy, if he's got a gun in his hand.
Sorry I couldn't help it. I love that line.

TacticalPenguin

lol@neilr and noriko

RAGE @ madsoul

really, shooting a deer is completely fucked up but raising various animals for no fucking reason except for killing them is..... normal of course!

Oh wait, last I checked people have hunted ever since they figured out that when you cut animals up certain parts of them taste good and are nutritious. It's the very nature of most animals. Why not ban any animal that would hunt other animals, since thats just fucked up?

Darth Budd

Inna-Gadda-Davida
Slasher said:
All of these stupid fucking bad analogies need to stop

guns are like hair ties.

in the hands of someone responsible there is no problem, in the hands of my sister pmsing, we are all in extreme danger

madsoul

TacticalPenguin said:
lol@neilr and noriko

RAGE @ madsoul

really, shooting a deer is completely fucked up but raising various animals for no fucking reason except for killing them is..... normal of course!

Oh wait, last I checked people have hunted ever since they figured out that when you cut animals up certain parts of them taste good and are nutritious. It's the very nature of most animals. Why not ban any animal that would hunt other animals, since thats just fucked up?

il have to apoligies for the post i made above. not that very constructive lol. but i was tired and it was late.

i would become a vegetarian if not meat would taste so damn good. when we in the future have the ability to grow meat, and its allready possible, i would start eating that rather then connecting to the distgusting meat industry.