• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gun Control

soha

What are your opinions on gun control, more specifically the AWB?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_Weapons_Ban

Most of the people that I know of that support gun control don't know what they're talking about. For example, here is a member of the house of representatives who supports gun control but has no idea what the hell a barrel shroud is [YT]9rGpykAX1fo[/YT]. In 2007 she introduced the Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007 which would've reenacted the AWB. She doesn't even know what it bans but for some reason she wants to reenact it T_T.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
I'm not the guy that likes guns seeing how I nearly shot someone with a BB gun. But that's a different story. I think that American's should have the rights to bare arms.

Joey

People should have the right to having guns, but there needs to be a limit. There's no reason for a person to have an arsenal in their closet.

Also, Assault rifles need to be outlawed. There is no use for an assault rifle other than combat. Pistols are ok for self defense, and hunting rifles are cool, but anything else is severe overkill.

No more than 5 guns, and only Pistols and hunting rifles should be legal.

soha

Joey said:
People should have the right to having guns, but there needs to be a limit. There's no reason for a person to have an arsenal in their closet.

Also, Assault rifles need to be outlawed. There is no use for an assault rifle other than combat. Pistols are ok for self defense, and hunting rifles are cool, but anything else is severe overkill.

No more than 5 guns, and only Pistols and hunting rifles should be legal.
That's the thing, what exactly is an assault rifle? "Assault rifles" have legitimate hunting purposes. Also, why should we restrict the amount of firearms one should own?

Abe Froeman said:
I'm in the process of getting my pistol permit.
What firearm are you planning on purchasing first?

eighty4

TheMysteriousThug said:
I'm not the guy that likes guns seeing how I nearly shot someone with a BB gun. But that's a different story. I think that American's should have the rights to bare arms.
You HAVE to be kidding me. BB guns barely hurt at all.

Bran

Yell
I'm mildly serious about the zombie/robot apocalypse. I'm not gonna kill people with these guns so why can't I have a stockpile in my nuclear safe vault?

soha

z357x said:
I'm mildly serious about the zombie/robot apocalypse. I'm not gonna kill people with these guns so why can't I have a stockpile in my nuclear safe vault?
2ecjf5d.jpg

1.fillout
2.post on /k/
3.prepare for shitstorm
4.???
5.ENJOY YOUR B&

Joey

Neurotoxin said:
That's the thing, what exactly is an assault rifle? "Assault rifles" have legitimate hunting purposes. Also, why should we restrict the amount of firearms one should own?
Tough shit, use a standard hunting rifle like a real man. We have supermarkets, so if you're using an assault rifle to hunt, what the fuck is the point?

Also, once again, the only reason to have more than 1 or 2 guns is if you're planning some nefarious shit. Once you get past one or two guns, you're getting past self defense, which is the only legitimate reason to own a gun in my eyes. That and hunting.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Neurotoxin said:
What firearm are you planning on purchasing first?
It was suggested that I get a M1911 from a knowledgeable person. Easy to use and reliable under most conditions. I'll let some members guess who I asked from QJ about it.

Abe Froeman said:
It was suggested that I get a M1911 from a knowledgeable person. Easy to use and reliable under most conditions. I'll let some members guess who I asked from QJ about it.
iball?

soha

Joey said:
Tough shit, use a standard hunting rifle like a real man. We have supermarkets, so if you're using an assault rifle to hunt, what the fuck is the point?

Also, once again, the only reason to have more than 1 or 2 guns is if you're planning some nefarious shit. Once you get past one or two guns, you're getting past self defense, which is the only legitimate reason to own a gun in my eyes. That and hunting.

But you see the thing is that many hunting rifles are practically the same thing as an assault rifle. The only real difference is the stock. So if you ban semi-auto's you've also banned many hunting rifles and pistols.

Also that whole "if you own more than XX amount of guns your a criminal lol" shit is just that, shit. It's like saying that if you have a hard drive larger than 100 gigs you're a pirate.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Hunting rifles have nothing in common with assault rifles. I've been hunting since I was 13.

Absolutely nothing in common.

soha

Abe Froeman said:
Hunting rifles have nothing in common with assault rifles. I've been hunting since I was 13.

Absolutely nothing in common.

Whoops, I was talking about the the AWB definition of an Assault Weapon not and Assault Rifle, mah bad.

Joey

Neurotoxin said:
But you see the thing is that many hunting rifles are practically the same thing as an assault rifle. The only real difference is the stock. So if you ban semi-auto's you've also banned many hunting rifles and pistols.

Also that whole "if you own more than XX amount of guns your a criminal lol" shit is just that, shit. It's like saying that if you have a hard drive larger than 100 gigs you're a pirate.
Please, explain a legitimate reason to have 20 guns... What is it that 20th gun provides that the first 19 don't?

You don't need more than 1 gun, I only went with 5 to pick a random number, because gun nuts would never be down with just owning one gun.

soha

Joey said:
Please, explain a legitimate reason to have 20 guns...

You don't need more than 1 gun, I only went with 5 to pick a random number, because gun nuts would never be down with just owning one gun.

Please, explain a legitimate reason to have 2 dogs, 5 cars, a giant mansion, a hdtv, a gaemen rig, internet faster than 1mb, 2 psp's, and so on. Luckily I live in a country where I don't have to justify to the government why I need more than one gun. There are so many other things that cause unnecessary harm in our lives that if the government did make us explain why we need more than one gun, whats to stop them from making us explain having things like pointy knives, or baseball bats.

You can own more than one gun because you could, and owning more than one doesn't make you more likely to go on a shooting spree or some other "evil" act like you think.

What is it that 20th gun provides that the first 19 don't?
Not all guns are the same you know. Gun 18 could be a Glock 22, gun 19 is a Mossberg 500 while gun 20 could be a M1 Garand.

Blackout

Neurotoxin said:
Please, explain a legitimate reason to have 2 dogs, 5 cars, a giant mansion, a hdtv, a gaemen rig, internet faster than 1mb, 2 psp's, and so on. Luckily I live in a country where I don't have to justify to the government why I need more than one gun. There are so many other things that cause unnecessary harm in our lives that if the government did make us explain why we need more than one gun, whats to stop them from making us explain having things like pointy knives, or baseball bats.

You can own more than one gun because you could, and owning more than one doesn't make you more likely to go on a shooting spree or some other "evil" act like you think.

Not all guns are the same you know. Gun 18 could be a Glock 22, gun 19 is a Mossberg 500 while gun 20 could be a M1 Garand.

Agreed.

Some people collect guns just for the hell of it. My grandfater like to collect weapons, but never uses them unless the worst of the worst happens.