• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Home

mohaas05

after about 9 times of attempting logging in, i finally got in.

=|

wat.

I know it's a BETA version, but it crashed everytime i tried doing something, i.e bowling, playing echochrome etc... And i thought you could play your own music while on it?

You appear to need a sort of stereo for your apartment which isn't avaliable yet.

Moca

I just got done with a game of chess...Worth longest game ever...But I did win and got 3 queens..

Funny, I did that yesterday. I was playing with the other person for a few minutes to get an many Queens as I could before I got bored.

Slasher

Suck It
I was playing chess earlier today with some Gymmy then right in the middle of the game the bastard stood up, then sat back down; resetting the game.

I called him a cockfag, started robot dancing, and gave a thumbs down while doing it

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
I was playing chess earlier today with some Gymmy then right in the middle of the game the bastard stood up, then sat back down; resetting the game.

I called him a cockfag, started robot dancing, and gave a thumbs down while doing it

This is what makes Home great. (Even if it's the only joy you can suck out of Home currently).

twelve

I'm not dead
Sony have spent the last 2 years and god knows how much money creating a place where you and a bunch of total strangers all do the running man together.

Time and money well spent.

/sarcasm

Here's a number of things Sony could've done with that money that would be more useful.

Promoting Bluray
Promoting the few exclusives the PS3 has left
BUYING EXCLUSIVES!
Buttering up Squenix to do the FF7 remake that will be a guaranteed money maker
Custom Soundtracks in every game regardless of support
Making in-game XMB more like Steam
Nothing (yes this really is more useful)

Vee

I dont understand what buying exclusives would do for gamers and fans. I've never been pleased because a games coming just to the PS3. I dont really care anymore, as long as the game isn't made shitter. Anyone developer thats serious about making an epic game, has already sided with the PS3. Quantic Dreams.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
I played Home for like 15 minutes and its just a pile of shit, im just gonna do what you guys did and piss about next time i go on.

Adiuvo

I think Home is decent. It's not great, but it is a good way to kill time, and situations like Slasher posted make it worthwhile. Considering it's free, I thought they did a good job.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I feel as if I'm the only person here that appreciates Home. If you don't like it, Don't fucking use it!

We all have valid opinions and can voice them here, the majority of us do not like Home which I think should be noted of. Sony has put many man-hours into both developing this and hyping this up. It has come to a point where I am extremely dissapointed in the result right now. I just fired up Home and did not like the avatar customization (it was "in-depth" but I really couldn't change my face as much as I hoped). I would prefer to walk around with my NXE avatar than my Home avatar :/

One thing I find annoying as well is the very limited accessories, clothing, etc for the characters at this point. I'm sure we'll get more, but as it is right now everyone looks the same! Also it's worth noting that the majority of things might require a cash purchase in Home, which is a good source of revenue for Sony seeing how they provide a lot of free services, just annoying that the first thing I come across in the mall I have to pay $5 for (new estate).

I still think Home is incomplete at this point

EDIT: Oh and having to download each section of Home is a bit annoying, I'd rather just download it all at once

Sullivan

Is an incentive in home, like levels or activities or any things to complete? I haven't played it yet, do to all the errors.

They should have done it where, like trophies = new unlockables in home...

twelve

I'm not dead
I dont understand what buying exclusives would do for gamers and fans. I've never been pleased because a games coming just to the PS3. I dont really care anymore, as long as the game isn't made shitter. Anyone developer thats serious about making an epic game, has already sided with the PS3. Quantic Dreams.
If all games were multi platform which console would people buy? The

Colm

Here's a number of things Sony could've done with that money that would be more useful.

Promoting Bluray Promoting? It won the format war. Once 1080p is the universal standard, people will buy BluRay anyway.
Promoting the few exclusives the PS3 has left Agreed
BUYING EXCLUSIVES! Once again, true. But one of the reasons why the PS3 has the edge over other consoles is technical superiority. It mightn't need to buy exclusives, but obtain them from developers looking to make the best game possible, like CryTek and Kojima
Buttering up Squenix to do the FF7 remake that will be a guaranteed money maker It's going to happen. Seriously, both Squenix and Sony know this.
Custom Soundtracks in every game regardless of support Patented by Micro$oft. I dunno how much they'd charge for Sony to use it.
Making in-game XMB more like Steam fucking hell chair. Steam is definitely the best of the three major online gaming services (I'm including LIVE and PSN, but not the pos WiiCon24)

my two cents in bold

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
hmm i havent experienced any of the errors you guys are discribing. it ran perfectly on my ps3 with a few minor bugs.

the 2 bugs i experienced.

When walking far into other areas it pauses for like 2 mins.
it disconnected from the net by itself a couple times and most off the people disappeared and the ones that didnt stood very still and my black guy with a afro turned into a white guy with a fade (happens when net disconnected.)

it ran fine other then that though it was very boring. Nothing to do but talk.
maybe it depends on where you live. maybe some areas are better supported then others.

muskegon michigan and orlando florida and kissimme florida run it well.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Is an incentive in home, like levels or activities or any things to complete? I haven't played it yet, do to all the errors.

They should have done it where, like trophies = new unlockables in home...
They're working on it. Like in the Namco beta, if you get a high enough score you get clothes, collectibles, and even an arcade unit.

I have a Pacman and Galaga arcade unit in my summer house right now.

twelve

I'm not dead
There's a write up of home over on Penny Arcade. Here are some key points from it.

• If you should accidentally launch it from your XMB: press and hold the Playstation button in the center of your Dual-Shock or Sixaxis controller. From the menu that appears, select Quit.
  • If you approach an arcade machine and there is a person standing in front of it, you will not be able to play it. Unable to play arcade games like Ice Breakers and Carriage Return the first several times we logged on, these games had begun to take on an epic stature in our minds. When we were finally able to play them, we learned that they were the equivalent of browser games.
  • It is very clearly a handful of walled off zones, where you are confronted by incessant load screens in a desperate search for stimulation.
  • There is already a growing school of Home apologetics. They're under the impression that because something is free, this places it on some golden dais beyond censure. It's no virtue to give away something that no-one in their right mind would buy.
All seems very accurate to me.

CASHMON3Y

I like the graphics in home and how there more realistic then all the over consoles avatars. But the load times, and lack of content are whats holding it back. I know that its free, but thats because everything else in the game costs money. If they added more content, and made it load faster, I feel Home could amount to great things, but until then, well be stuck with this pos.