• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone/iPod Touch General Discussion

Robby

Los Doyers!
Ok, I got a 2gen Ipod Touch... what are the best games/apps to get for it... I have a $50 itunes card to use.

_Syn

Watch it! I'm Jewish, nothin' funny about it. :tdown:

Are you really? There was no pun intended. It is a fact that Jews do not celebrate Christmas because of several reasons, but I do not want to get into detail within it 'cause we are here to talk about the iPod and iPhone.

To remotely stay on topic, considering that there is 10 minutes before Christmas, and I just felt my Touch box. I'm pretty certain that it's a Touch, and now I can't find it. I think my parents saw me holding it and hid it somewhere. And since i'm the eldest in the family, I open my gifts last, which is a disappointment at this time :tdown:

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Are you really? There was no pun intended. It is a fact that Jews do not celebrate Christmas because of several reasons, but I do not want to get into detail within it 'cause we are here to talk about the iPod and iPhone.

To remotely stay on topic, considering that there is 10 minutes before Christmas, and I just felt my Touch box. I'm pretty certain that it's a Touch, and now I can't find it. I think my parents saw me holding it and hid it somewhere. And since i'm the eldest in the family, I open my gifts last, which is a disappointment at this time :tdown:

No worries, I was just kidding. I mean, yes, I'm Jewish, but I wasn't offended. Lol.

Good luck finding it, when I was younger, I would actually scope out the house and search for the mother lode for Channukah.

_Syn

Well, It's been two (almost three) hours since the gift-opening. And I've been playing around with my Touch. It's great. But, I think in-ear headphones would be better. There would be that annoying sound (static sounds), and my songs aren't rock, all I listen to are R&B songs.

Any suggestions on the good free-apps on the App Store? I, so far, have the Tap-Tap Revenge, Mini-Hockey and Mini Piano (i'm a musician). Thanks for your help.

Vee

Soooo I have a 1st gen touch. Should I upgrade to official 2.2 then jailbreak or can i do it all at once?

You have to update to 2.2, then Jailbreak with QuickPwn.

Can everyone stop talking about jews, arabs, homosexuals or any other kind of people and stick to iPhone/iPod Touch. Take that talk to the "Smart" section.

Well, It's been two (almost three) hours since the gift-opening. And I've been playing around with my Touch. It's great. But, I think in-ear headphones would be better. There would be that annoying sound (static sounds), and my songs aren't rock, all I listen to are R&B songs.

Any suggestions on the good free-apps on the App Store? I, so far, have the Tap-Tap Revenge, Mini-Hockey and Mini Piano (i'm a musician). Thanks for your help.

I personally like Labyrinth, but thats actually the only app Ive downloaded :p

Currently jailbreaking!!!!

Add the cydia source: "http://cydia.hackulo.us/" then install the ipaprep thing. Then install Installous. Then you can do it all on you're phone.

So I did all of that, and I went to download Price Is Right, but when I press download, it says 144 kb downloaded and nothing else happens, the download bar doesnt progress or anything, I read elsewhere you need to path the installation file before. Is that ipaprep? Because I couldnt find that in cydia

Sullivan

I bought Enigmo, its fun.
Line Rider is ok, not very entertaining, only good if your really bored.
Field Runners is sweet!

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Ok, I got a 2gen Ipod Touch... what are the best games/apps to get for it... I have a $50 itunes card to use.

Brothers In Arms - $10
Hero of Sparta - $10
Guitar Rock Tour - $8
Sim City - $10
Warfare Incorporated - $5
Asphalt 4/Fastlane Street Racing - $6

Find whatever you can for $1

That's a nice mix of everything

Sullivan

Is guitar rock tour good? What songs does it have?
And I am going to look into "Asphalt 4/Fastlane Street Racing".

I feel like waiting to buy Sim City.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Brothers In Arms - $10
Hero of Sparta - $10
Guitar Rock Tour - $8
Sim City - $10
Warfare Incorporated - $5
Asphalt 4/Fastlane Street Racing - $6

Find whatever you can for $1

That's a nice mix of everything
I got Asphalt 4, Guitar Rock Tour and Sim City and so far they all seem good. I'll get the others later as I need to finish opening my presents lol

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Is guitar rock tour good? What songs does it have?
And I am going to look into "Asphalt 4/Fastlane Street Racing".

I feel like waiting to buy Sim City.

Guitar Rock Tour is the best music game on there. There's 17 songs and most are pretty good and popular. They have Rock you like a Hurricane, Smoke on the Water, Beat it (The MJ one, not the FOB one), Underclass Hero, The Great Escape, What's My Age Again?, and some other ones. The game itself is pretty easy, but still fun. It doesn't take very long to beat it and if you're good, you should get anywhere from 96% - 100% on every song. They also have drums and those are hard as hell, I got like a 85% on one song. It's worth the money IMO. It's better than Tap Tap Revenge.

Asphalt 4 and Fastlane are two completely different games. I've never played Asphalt 4, but I've heard great reviews and have always wanted to get it, but I already have like 4 other racing games. Fastlane is now playable as they just gave it a new update. It's actually quite fun now, but still hard. All the racing games are kind of hard to control with the accelerometer.

And oh yeah, buy Sim City, it's just like Sim City 3000, one of my favorite PC games. You can even enter cheats. :)

Sullivan

Nice! Thanks. But you know with a jail broken ipod touch, you can get custom songs for tap tap revenge.