• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Israel-Palestine War; what do you think?

-chw42-

Like a Boss
What?! So now your saying that it would be better for the Jews to just get up and leave? That's one of the worst things I've ever heard. They aren't even causing destruction, it's all Hamas, whether or not you think of it being related to religion. Hamas kills their own people just because they have a hint of possibly being traitorous.

BTW: I have two friends, both brothers, in the army and have been called up. They're reservists. One, last week, the other last night.

No. I'm saying that it's what Hamas would want.

mohaas05

Israel seems to keep stoking the fire by invading Hamas controlled territories. If Israel just ceded fighting over the Gaza Strip and the West Bank to an independent Palestinian state, then maybe things would cool.

And they should follow a U.N. suggestion that they refused before, make Jerusalem an international city that is neither under the control of the Palestinians or the Israelis.

Ciaran

Israel seems to keep stoking the fire by invading Hamas controlled territories. If Israel just ceded fighting over the Gaza Strip and the West Bank to an independent Palestinian state, then maybe things would cool.

There was a cease fire for a few months, then Israel found Hamas digging a tunnel into Israeli territory which they fired up. Then Hamas responeded with rockets and the whole deal broke down.

Slasher

Suck It
All profits that Mcdonalds, M&S and other jewish shops receive are sent to Israel. Even Adam Sandler on his new movie, half of his profit that he is making is being sent into the war.
And what's wrong with that? Supporting their country?

You can't honestly post a video like that, and not expect the EXACT SAME thing to not be happening in Israel. Both countries are firing missiles at each other, this sort of thing is happening all of the time on both ends. It is pretty sickening to watch, but then again, that's war.

EDIT: After checking out Ciarans link, I guess that footage isn't even of the current events. wtg Nero

eldiablov

Contributor
We all know muslims absolutely despise Jews Nero.

I also see America are looking for another excuse to demolish Iran :/

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
We all know muslims absolutely despise Jews Nero.

I also see America are looking for another excuse to demolish Iran :/

Yes and we all know Jews absolutely despise muslims.

Slasher there are way more deaths occurring in Gaza since Israel's army pushed in and are taking control.

Ciaran

But if Israel is not at fault, why are they causing such an outrage all over the world?
Neither side is completely at fault, both sides claim that the other side is absolutely at fault and both sides have killed alot of people to try get what they want.

But the outrage seems to be directed at Israel cause they are entering a very densely populated and are killing civilians while attacking Hamas. But the other side of that coin is that Hamas are intentionally hiding behind civilians.

Slasher

Suck It
McDonalds is not an Israel based restarant. Nor is M&M or Adam Sandler's roots.

But if those companies are located in that particular country, surely the profit would be going [mostly] into that countries economy, with whatever's left over going to the original company. I doubt the money is going straight to the military. Anyways, I wouldn't mind seeing a source for that original statement by Nero, because without a source it's invalid.

Ciaran

McDonalds is not an Israel based restarant. Nor is M&M or Adam Sandler's roots.
Think he's talking about this: http://www.inminds.co.uk/boycott-mcdonalds.html

But I can't find anything about supporting the military through the Jewish United fund like they claim.

JUF : About JUF
JUF : About JUF : Where Your Money Goes

Other "Jewish shops" give money to Israel in the form of trade, they're not directly funding the military.

EDIT: And finally the only information I can find about Adam Sandler sending money to Israel is but buying a load of Playstations and sending them to kids affected by Hezbollah rocket.

Do you research things or believe anything someone tells you?

_Seven

I actually think that your using religion as an excuse. It has caused some disputes in the past, I concur, but it really has no bearing on what goes on in the world. It's the peoples' decision that matters.

I don't agree with this statement at all. Your thread is pretty much about religious conflict, no?

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
This could begin to get interesting... I know that for a long time, Israel has been more advanced in their weapons department than other countries and this is what they said in a pamphlet to people in Gaza via CNN.

It also warned that the military "also has other means to deal with Hamas."

At this point, all I care about is Israel halting Hamas' ability to harm civilians. Anything that can be done for that is fine with me.

Bump: Possibly off-topic, but I just heard that one of my previous friends can't tell anyone where he's been called to, supposedly spec-ops, but can't go into any details since I don't have them. Could also be related to my previous post. :(

Slasher

Suck It
Hamas Explains Use of Civilians as Human Shields
The argument that I keep hearing is that Israel is killing women, children and civilians with blindly dropped bombs. The civilians that are being killed in Gaza are a result of a decision made by Hamas to use them as shields. If the Hamas fighters weren't hiding among civilians, this war would result in a lot less civilian casualties. Israel doesn't have much of a choice in order to stop Hamas.

Also, just to put this out there and make this clear - Hamas has been firing missiles into Israel for a very long time. Israel has been holding back and trying not to retaliate but instead solve this conflict by other means, but Hamas refused to listen. There was a 6 month truce declared, but Hamas even still continued to fire missiles into Israel during the past 6 months. So Israel began building up their military strength and planning an offensive for when that 6 month truce was up to put an end to the missiles that were incoming. 5 months into the truce, Israel discovered tunnels being dug by Hamas, and fired upon them. Hamas returned fire by firing more missiles into Israel. So Israel launched their offensive about a month after discovering those tunnels.

Israel's stated objectives in this conflict are to end Palestinian rocket fire and prevent the rearming of Hamas.
World leaders converge on Israel in push for truce | CharlotteObserver.com

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
This whole thing is completely out of hand and just needs to stop. Maybe the UN should actually give the Palestinians back some of their land. And Israel wasn't right to seize all the land they did, either. I know 'm waaay oversimplifying the situation, but for the sake of all the people involved, this absolutely has to stop. I guess I more support Israel in this conflict, but that doesn't mean that they're completely in the right either. At this point the world needs to step up and do something before more civilians get murdered in the crossfire.