• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone/iPod Touch General Discussion

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
Nice work! How long did it take for Apple to verify it and everything?

Sometime this semester, I might make a motion formula calculator or something, for people too lazy to do grade 11 physics.. they did it for trigonometry, why not physics.

-chw42-

Like a Boss

Sullivan

I don't have iTunes installed, what is his app that he created called?

May I have a free code please, I am broke atm.

Sullivan

Whats the application called? So I can search for it and dl on my ipod.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Nice work! How long did it take for Apple to verify it and everything?

Sometime this semester, I might make a motion formula calculator or something, for people too lazy to do grade 11 physics.. they did it for trigonometry, why not physics.

Thanks! The first two tries got rejected because icons weren't the same (the app icon and the one shown in the Store). Combined about one month. But this release alone which is actually an update to the original anyways took about 4 days.

Awesome, I wrote one tutorial in the guide section and I'll type up some more once I learn enough to do it more often and correctly.

I'll buy it, just because it's you. ;)

EDIT: When I have money, lol.

Bleh. :angry: Haha, that's ok Moose. :)

It will, be free most likely. Thats if you were talking to me :p

Spike: Do you have to buy a developer license from Apple to release anything in the app store?

Yes, it's 99 dollars US for individual or small company but $299 for major companies.

I don't have iTunes installed, what is his app that he created called?

May I have a free code please, I am broke atm.

Psh. Maybe. I'll think about it ;)

It's free.

It was for a few hours but it's back at .99. :blushing: It was a test. I still have a few codes if anyone wants.

BUT: you must be on my good side ;) Just kidding :D

Robby

Los Doyers!
I believe the patch is erased from memory or something. Because you will have to use a boot tool to reapply it.

_Syn

I'm scared to even jailbreak my 2G. I might mess it up or something. I usually am good at reading those tutorials, but you know. That's why it's called an accident. Plus, I haven't touched DOS (aka. Command Prompt) in years (y'know, back in the days where you can play Pacman on a computer using DOS). I found (I think here) something that will just .. boot you up just incase you turn it off (it was a program that was available for download). I just don't know if it was here, or if it was where I was doing my research off of. If anyone can change my mind in doing so, or if this jailbreak becomes untethered quicker than I expect, then okay :)

Mister Chief

It is literally impossible to brick an iPod Touch since the bootrom is read-only and therefore can always be used to enter DFU mode so the iPod can be restored.

As for what happens when a jailbroken 2g is turned off and then on again it's pretty simple. When you turn it off the RAM loses power and any data it was holding. Once you try to turn it back on the bootrom signature checks iboot before loading it. Sees that it has been modified so refuses to load it. So then you can either enter DFU mode and restore your iPod or apple the RAM patch which is applied to iboot once it has already been loaded by the bootrom bypassing the security checks. And once iboot has been patched each subsequent step can be loaded.

_Syn

So what do you have to do if your Touch gets turned off? You have to re-install the jailbreak? Does it revert back to it's pre-jailbreak firmware (I don't know what they call the Apple firmware, but original Sony firmware is OFW; pretty sure it's something similar to that)?

Robby

Los Doyers!
There are a couple of simple tools you just run, enter the commands and you're done.
You don't need to apply the whole jailbreak again.

Moose

Meta Moose
If you turn it off then it will not boot without having the correct files and patches uploaded/applied.

mohaas05

There is a tool called 1ClickBoot. You just have to put your itouch in DFU mode and run the tool and it will do all the steps automatically. Definently much less painless.