• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone/iPod Touch General Discussion

Bran

Yell
It's not fucking DOS...

DOS is Disk-based Operating System, it was made by IBM

Command Prompt is not DOS
a Linux Terminal is not DOS
you can't run DOS programs in either Command Prompt or Terminal

Just because it does not have a GUI does not make it DOS.

Sorry, but jesus fucking balls, DOS is far different from Command Prompt. There was a time where windows ran on MS-DOS, but that was forever ago. Why do you think there is such a thing as the DOSbox emulator?

Additional Comment:
/rant

_Syn

It's not fucking DOS...

Command Prompt is not DOS
a Linux Terminal is not DOS
you can't run DOS programs in either Command Prompt or Terminal

Just because it does not have a GUI does not make it DOS.

Sorry, but jesus fucking balls, DOS is far different from Command Prompt. There was a time where windows ran on MS-DOS, but that was forever ago. Why do you think there is such a thing as the DOSbox emulator?

Additional Comment:
/rant

Well, sooo-rry for living in the past. ;)

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Sorry for asking a really stupid question, but what purpose does MobileTerminal really serve other than setting permissions for certain applications?

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Certain apps need it. I think Veency might need it, not sure.

dTunes needs it as well, that's how I got the application in the first place. But I'm kind of wondering what I can do with it that's of any use.

Mister Chief

It's not fucking DOS...

What?

Tim Patterson created DOS which he sold to Bill Gates for $50,000 and then Gates Licensed it to IBM.

IBM had nothing to do with it's creation.

Maybe next time you'll do a little research before going on a totally unneeded rant.

_Syn

What?

Tim Patterson created DOS which he sold to Bill Gates for $50,000 and then Gates Licensed it to IBM.

IBM had nothing to do with it's creation.

Maybe next time you'll do a little research before going on a totally unneeded rant.

Tim Patterson regrets what he did. Look at where Bill Gates is now. I'd totally shit my pants after all these years looking at what happened from a simple program, which grew to be the base of a multi-billion dollar company.

futuregator15

Lovin OS X
Respring does the same exact thing. I use iStat though. Way better at only a dollar more.

Doesn't free memory though right? Also I find it a little more convenient to just launch and app real quick to free up some memory. Besides, after awhile the respring process takes more and more time to complete

_Syn

I've been playing around with my Touch so much that I haven't had the time to play PS3. I know, sounds weird. Haha, it sucks that I'm limited to 8GB of space, if I had the 16GB model, I'd probably have more things to download and stuff! :mad:

eighty4

Doesn't free memory though right? Also I find it a little more convenient to just launch and app real quick to free up some memory. Besides, after awhile the respring process takes more and more time to complete

No, no it doesn't. You swipe your finger across the time and hit Respring.

futuregator15

Lovin OS X
I'm a little confused as to what your saying. Are you telling me how to respring with SBSettings installed? If so then I know how to do that i was just saying that overtime, it takes longer to respring my Iphone.

Cryox

Bro.
ipod/iphone stuff seriously needs it's own forum/sub forum, cause i don't think to many people are up to reading all 70+ pages..

unless you have firefox autopager.... but

but yeah, i plan to get a itouch soon and i need to know if you can still jailbreak the touch 2g

thanks
~tbb15

Someone should make bop-it for the iPhone. Yah knoww... the thing that say twist it (You would twist the whole phone) bop it etc. That would be great....

Cryox

Bro.
wow that would be genius. i would be sitting in study hall and people would look at me pretty weirdly haha

Lmao... I came up with the idea in programming class... I have no mac and I probably couldn't code it if i tried :pP

Cryox

Bro.
i would put that thing on one of the kids in my classes itouch, and he'd probably break the screen playing it. he gets angry when he loses.

ipod/iphone stuff seriously needs it's own forum/sub forum, cause i don't think to many people are up to reading all 70+ pages..

unless you have[HIGHLIGHT] firefox autopager[/HIGHLIGHT].... but

but yeah, i plan to get a itouch soon and i need to know if you can still jailbreak the touch 2g

thanks
~tbb15

Nice Extension.

But yeah, we need some organization. A couple of extra threads is all that is needed really.

Cryox

Bro.
yeah the extension is great until it won't work on certain forums...

im not sure if it works on m4m because i just reinstalled firefox.