• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Getting to know your PSP Motherboards.

Learning about PSP Motherboards

This is the guide for knowing PSP motherboards.
Once written by the former jx233.
It is very well documented about them, but only up to PSP-3000 (TA-090 v2)
It does not cover PSP Go! or PSP-3000 [TA-090 v3]

--------------------------------------------------------------
It is out of date, but it remains at at fellow site eXophase.com: Getting to know your PSP Motherboards

Adiuvo

Great thread. Definitely a welcome addition :)

Its originally found at Exophase. This guide I wrote is exclusive to Exophase Forums and MforMature Forums. :)

Also I'll give reputation to whatever moderator the approved this thread.

Cryox

Bro.
i guess this is pretty useful.

Might come in handy if i ever try installing cfw to a slim/lite psp.

Still not sure if a normal phat pandora battery will work on the slims, can someone clarify (via PM would be nice)

~tbb15

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
i guess this is pretty useful.

Might come in handy if i ever try installing cfw to a slim/lite psp.

Still not sure if a normal phat pandora battery will work on the slims, can someone clarify (via PM would be nice)

~tbb15

Yes it should work, but you cannot use a slim battery in a phat. That will just destroy the psp phat.

Cryox

Bro.
Yes it should work, but you cannot use a slim battery in a phat. That will just destroy the psp phat.
well i know that much lol.
and speaking of pandora's battery, i might as well get the latest version of DDC installed lol

I know this is almost off-topic, but you can make a Slim Battery into a Pandora's Battery through a PSP Phat. I saw a tutorial made by user called tinman or timanx who did it successfully.

Cryox

Bro.
I know this is almost off-topic, but you can make a Slim Battery into a Pandora's Battery through a PSP Phat. I saw a tutorial made by user called tinman or timanx who did it successfully.
link?

Adiuvo

I've seen that before as well, but I was always under the impression that it still stood a chance of shorting the battery?

Removed stuff

Adiuvo said:
I've seen that before as well, but I was always under the impression that it still stood a chance of shorting the battery?

Well... sometimes comes the time when we have to take out chances. :)

Ferris

You never have to take chances. You can be lame and purchase your way to success. >: D

I would like to inform that this thread has been updated to include more information, and it is cleaned up too with the addon of spoilers. :D

Updated with more motherboards.

I recently added a new PSP-3000 motherboard [TA-090 v3] and the PSP Go! [TA-091] motherboard information.

Thread upgraded! :D

Another EDIT: Addded more information and plan to update thread from time to time.

Sorry for double post, but thread is updated.

Added information on: Recommended [CFW] Version it should be on?

Reason for change to the thread: Some PSPs do not do well on lower CFW versions. (Ex: the "pop" sound on 3.60 M33 running on a motherboard other than TA-085; and 1.50 based firmwares on TA-082 and TA-086.

Hope this documentation is good for people.

EDIT2: PSP Go! motherboard TA-094 added.

fanaras

I don't know why nobody knows that but PSP3004 sold with GranTurismo has a TA-093 Motherboard. I have a picture uploaded here: hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/332205687/0137.jpg