• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Popsloader Released

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Dark_AleX has released a new plugin allowing you to load all pops versions on 3.10 OE. This means you can now load the 3.11 pops which may solve some compatibility issues with certain games.

Download Popsloader

ondjce

i am new, what are POPs??? and what do they do for games? thanks!

ondjce

hahaha, ok thanks, i still new to this, thanks.

Grasshyren

Ok, the instructions to this really weren't all that clear to me for this one. First off where do I download "the latest psardumper mod from team c+d".

Not sure if it will be self explanitory after I get the program or not but for good measure I'll ask, how do I "extract the firmware you desire using the "Decrypt all" function".

Thanks to all who contribute to an answer!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ok, the instructions to this really weren't all that clear to me for this one. First off where do I download "the latest psardumper mod from team c+d".

Not sure if it will be self explanitory after I get the program or not but for good measure I'll ask, how do I "extract the firmware you desire using the "Decrypt all" function".

Its easy, but understandable since you've never used PSARDumper.

If you want to run 3.11 pops, you need to grab 3.11 EBOOT.PBP then extract the DATA.PSAR from the EBOOT with a program such as PBP Unpacker (can be found in the downloads section on this site).

Place the DATA.PSAR on your memory stick drive, and download PSARDumper 3.10. Move PSARDumper to your GAME150 folder (if you don't have one create it) then run the app. It will give you some on screen instructions but like it says just hit square to decrypt all.

This will give you all the files you need for the rest of the readme.

BTW I know it sounds easier if we just shared the files but they are Sony copyrighted so thats a no-no :)

Grasshyren

Yeah, that was another question I was gonna ask lol. But yeah at least it's good to know ya'll have your butts covered ^^.

JKing

Banned

You can download the new pops at HERE

Follow directions on that site, its easy.

dillame

im pretty sure i followed all the instructions correctly but i cant get my game to work..
not sure if it's my game, its castlevania symphony of the night (jp)..

so i used POPSconverter 1.6.. put the key and eboot in PSP/GAME/Castlevania
i extracted data.psar from the 3.11eboot, put it in the root and followed dark-alex's readme
i think its a success since i could enable the plugin in recover menu.
so i tried to run the game, i get to select which popstation version since its first run, i chose 3.10... then black screen forever

please help me out.. god i love that game

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
quick followup question, can i format the memory stick? the plugins are written to flash right?

no, they aren't. to me your problem sounds like it can't find the 3.11 files popsman311.prx, and pops311.prx

are you sure you copied them to the seplugins/popsloader folder?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
yes but did you put them in the seplugins/popsloader folder?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
eh.. well did the game work before? maybe the iso is bad if not, I played through SOTN fine back on 3.03

you could just dump 3.03 firmware then use the pops from that. when you boot a game hold R through the warning screen to bring up the selection menu

EDIT: looking at your post again I found the problem, you selected 3.10 on the first run. Need to hold R when booting a game until the selection screen comes up then choose 3.11

dillame

opps =\ that was only a typo, i tried holding R and selecting 3.11

anyway, it was the game.. i dled another version to play and it worked
too bad that was the only japanese version i could find =\

is there a plugin for .. i.e game$hark codes?

thx so much for your help and amazingly fast replies

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
opps =\ that was only a typo, i tried holding R and selecting 3.11

anyway, it was the game.. i dled another version to play and it worked
too bad that was the only japanese version i could find =\

is there a plugin for .. i.e game$hark codes?

thx so much for your help and amazingly fast replies

check out CWcheat ;)

JKing

Banned
eh.. well did the game work before? maybe the iso is bad if not, I played through SOTN fine back on 3.03

you could just dump 3.03 firmware then use the pops from that. when you boot a game hold R through the warning screen to bring up the selection menu

EDIT: looking at your post again I found the problem, you selected 3.10 on the first run. Need to hold R when booting a game until the selection screen comes up then choose 3.11

When I played my Castlevania SOTN on 3.03 oeC...When ever I teleported over to the outerwall...(all the way to the right) and I went through the door, my psp would freeze...ALSO now that Im on 3.10oe...When ever I transform into the warewolf, and I run..there is a HUGE black trail behind me on the screen...As if I was running to fast for the game? did you have any problems like this?? :(

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
When I played my Castlevania SOTN on 3.03 oeC...When ever I teleported over to the outerwall...(all the way to the right) and I went through the door, my psp would freeze...ALSO now that Im on 3.10oe...When ever I transform into the warewolf, and I run..there is a HUGE black trail behind me on the screen...As if I was running to fast for the game? did you have any problems like this?? :(

No, the game did not freeze once. Maybe you should try grabbing a different iso