• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

1.5 Kernel Add-on for 4.01 M33

Acerthief

psplogo4.jpg

"Sorry for the delay," says Dark-Alex, as he has just released the 1.5 Kernel Add-on for 4.01 M33!

To install, download the 150.PBP and put it in the root of the memory stick (ms0:/), download the release archive and copy the "150k_installer" folder to "ms0:/PSP/GAME4XX", and run the program through the PSP!

Download 1.5 Kernel Add-on for 4.01 M33

Dark-AleX - PSP Developer [Dark_AleX]

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
Lol, this is the first time I see posting news XD (well, almost the first).

They should dump the 1.50 support.
It's the most stupid kernel that was ever written.
It can't match the 3.xx or 4.xx ones.

(although there are a few useful apps that are still on 1.50)

blazr

FOUND BUG!!!
In 1.50 kernal addon for 4.01 M33-2

Flash0:/vsh/reboot150.prx.....error

help please.

TioSolid

Lol, this is the first time I see posting news XD (well, almost the first).

They should dump the 1.50 support.
It's the most stupid kernel that was ever written.
It can't match the 3.xx or 4.xx ones.

(although there are a few useful apps that are still on 1.50)

Yep, 1.50 is old as hell, but we have to thank it because without 1.50 we would never had custom firmwares before pandora :p

But yes, its time to drop 1.50 support 8)

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
Yep, 1.50 is old as hell, but we have to thank it because without 1.50 we would never had custom firmwares before pandora :p

But yes, its time to drop 1.50 support 8)

I mean, I've started to learn developing, and first I wanted to go for C or C++, and when I've seen what this kernel can do, well lol it simply sucks.
Kernel 3/4 ftw:D

btw I moved to Lua now so it doesn't really matters anymore

upinder

do i have to this for my 4.01 m33-2 my psp is fat do i have to 1.5 kernel on it

my psp usb mode does not work

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Hi!
And what can man do, if he has a slim PSP, eh?
Theres no application runs on it... :S

What are you, retarded? Nearly everything out these days works fine on the slim, and it's rare to not be able to find a slim version of the old stuff. Even the very latest SNES9xTYL (rukka edition) has been converted for the slim. :glare: It's rare to see a 1.50 only app released these days. Generally, most devs release both a 1.50 and 3.xx version together, and many (myself included) release 3.xx only.

excelex

hi, i;m so sorry i'm new here..... just want to know aht is 1.5 kernel ad-on for?? my psp is the fat one.. (old one)

thank you

quimbydogg

I am having trouble getting this to run and I am not sure why. I have been reading all the instructions on multiple sites for an hour now.... I have 1.5 FW on an old PSP.

It has been collecting dust for the last two years. I use to run dev hook way back in the day and decided to look into custom firmware now just as something to do. This is proving to be much more frustrating than originally intended.

I did a fresh format of my card using the psp formatter.

I have the 401M33 update folder in PSP\GAME which contains the downloaded eboot within the archive and the 401.pbp which I added from the link listed.

I have the 150.pbp in the root of the memory card which I added from the link listed.

I have the 150k_installer folder in PSP\GAME4XX which includes an eboot.pbp and 3 prx files from the archive.

My PSP is also well above the 75% battery mark.

I can go to games and memorystick and I see PSP Update ver 4.01 but when I execute it I get a "This game could not be started 80020001" message. I am assuming I am doing something wrong with setting up the kernel based on the message.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Acerthief

I am having trouble getting this to run and I am not sure why. I have been reading all the instructions on multiple sites for an hour now.... I have 1.5 FW on an old PSP.

It has been collecting dust for the last two years. I use to run dev hook way back in the day and decided to look into custom firmware now just as something to do. This is proving to be much more frustrating than originally intended.

I did a fresh format of my card using the psp formatter.

I have the 401M33 update folder in PSP\GAME which contains the downloaded eboot within the archive and the 401.pbp which I added from the link listed.

I have the 150.pbp in the root of the memory card which I added from the link listed.

I have the 150k_installer folder in PSP\GAME4XX which includes an eboot.pbp and 3 prx files from the archive.

My PSP is also well above the 75% battery mark.

I can go to games and memorystick and I see PSP Update ver 4.01 but when I execute it I get a "This game could not be started 80020001" message. I am assuming I am doing something wrong with setting up the kernel based on the message.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You need to have 3.52M33-4 Installed first. Check the Noob FAQ Thread in the FAQ Section.

GlitchManOmega

Help

Ok, for me, who has a version 3.93 non-hacked fat PSP, if I install these, can I do stuff like go into recovery mode and run ISO/CSO's?

Acerthief

Jakotsu

Alright I'm having some difficulties here if anyone can help, I thank you and praise you like you're a new god. Before that though, here is the deal. I upgraded to 4.01 M33-2 on my PSP-Slim and tried to install the 1.5 kernel for the 4.01 M33, however just like previous users, I got the message saying I can only install on PSP fats or whatever. However, I am now stuck with 4.01 M33-2 on my psp, and it's not allowing me to run any games, apps, or emulators. I get the error:

"The game could not be started. (80020321)"

I'm pretty much expecting the "You're screwed till he makes a change for this." reply, however if there is a way to change this, fix it, downgrade to 3.90 m33, or if this problem is totally unrelated to the 4.01 m33-2, any information is quite helpful.