• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

100 push ups, are you up for it?

larryr

First cup of MfM
Day 1: (did this on the 17th)

Set 1 : 10 (done)
Set 2 : 12 (done)
Set 3 : 7 (done)
Set 4 : 7 (done)
Set 5 : 18 (little tired, lol)

Day 2: (today)

Set 1 : 10 (done)
Set 2 : 12 (done)
Set 3 : 8 (done)
Set 4 : 8 (done)
Set 5 : 21 (ow)

xploren

Contributor
Week 1, Day 2
Set 1: 10 - completed
Set 2: 12 - completed
Set 3: 8 - completed
Set 4: 8 - completed
Set 5: At least 12 - completed, 15

Whew. My arms actually felt a bit stronger this time around.

Spiros

Maiki
Week 1, Day 1

Set 1 - 6 (Done)
Set 2 - 6 (Done)
Set 3 - 4 (Done)
Set 4 - 4 (Done)
Set 5 - max atleast 5 (Got 10, DONE!)

On that last one I was just worried about getting 5, impressed myself I managed 10.

Whew. My arms actually felt a bit stronger this time around.

Hope thats the case for me, my arms felt pretty weak at the end. My eyes were even watering on the last 2 or 3 pushups.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
Week 1, Day 2
Set 1: 10 - completed
Set 2: 12 - completed
Set 3: 8 - completed
Set 4: 8 - completed
Set 5: At least 12 - managed to push for 19

Pretty proud of myself atm, before I started I honestly didn't think I would do it, my arms were still sore. Also managed to beat my previous best of 16.

My arms are fucked up now.

TeamOverload

Decided to try both the push ups and curl ups. Will start it out and report back with the results. Been thinking about exercising a bit more, although I'm already in pretty decent shape, but this will give me the drive to do it so thanks for posting this. Not a huge pushups fan personally, but it's alright.

Initial Test: 17 pushups, 52 situps

Not sure how well this going to be doing both at a similar time. Debating if it would be better to do pushups in morning, and situps at night or something along those lines.

Serideth

Nice work guys, damn good improvement all round. I'm on my rest day but went for a 12 mile hike in a forest, feels good :D

jas0nuk

Week 1 Day 2
1) 10 - done
2) 12 - done
3) 8 - done
4) 8 - done
5) 14

Started to get a little easier now, I feel a real difference.

PR0fessor Burnt

Week 3 day 1 :
set 1 14
set 2 18
set 3 14
set 4 14
set 5 28 (max 20)

Last set got quite difficult and had to switch on to my palms as my knuckles got sore

TeamOverload

Decided on doing push-ups in the AM, and sit-ups at night on a Fri/Mon/Wed routine.

Push-ups Week 1, Day 1
Set 1: 10 (Complete)
Set 2: 12 (Complete)
Set 3: 7 (Complete)
Set 4: 7 (Complete)
Set 5: At least 9 (Complete, 11)

That was tough already haha. Woke up sore, and didn't take a day of rest before starting this, since I'll have the weekend to rest anyways. Didn't want 3 full days between the initial test and starting the routine.

Sit-ups Week 1, Day 1
Set 1: 15 (Complete)
Set 2: 18 (Complete)
Set 3: 10 (Complete)
Set 4: 10 (Complete)
Set 5: At least 14 (Complete, 23)

eldiablov

Contributor
Push-ups Week 1, Day 3
Set 1: 11
Set 2: 15
Set 3: 9
Set 4: 9
Set 5: At least 13 (managed 15)

Felt pretty glad I completed Week 1. I'm definitely continuing this.

Serideth

Set 1: 11 push ups - complete
Set 2: 15 push ups - complete
Set 3: 9 push ups - complete
Set 4: 9 push ups - complete
Set 5: 13+ push ups - Dominated, got 21!

I feel great, on Sunday I'll test how many I can get, I'm expecting good results :D

Well done to everyone who nailed week 1

Brad

Yoshimi
Week 3 Day 3:

Set 1: 22 - Done
Set 2: 30 - Done
Set 3: 20 - Done
Set 4: 22 - Done
Set 5: At least 28 ( Accomplished 41)

Should obliterate my old max

My results are a bit skewed as I'm doing other work outs coupled with this over the course of each week..

Andy

Champion of the Sun
Week 1 Day 3
Set 1: 11 push ups - complete
Set 2: 15 push ups - complete
Set 3: 9 push ups - complete
Set 4: 9 push ups - complete
Set 5: 13+ push ups - same as Seri, got 21

I started to feel the strain at the end of Set 2, but the 120 second rests made it easier to recover. Should be interesting seeing what my new max is at the end of the week.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Week 3 Day 3:

Set 1: 22 - Done
Set 2: 30 - Done
Set 3: 20 - Done
Set 4: 22 - Done
Set 5: At least 28 (28)

I started to feel the effects/fatigue much earlier on this time and had to take extended breaks for the last two sets.

MaxRabbit

Bodybuilding Gamer
Hi! I registered just to talk with you guys about this :) I am struggling with the Hundred Pushups challenge - I thought the Two Hundred Situps was easy for some reason, but I just can't get the pushups that well. I'm in the Army and being able to do 100 pushups would be insanely awesome for promotion times :)

I was as far as Week 4 but I had to keep restarting - so I bought the GoFit pushup bars at Amazon and reset to Week 1. Those seem to be giving me a lot better results, although my palms really are sore using the bars.

What are your biggest challenges? I had to reset once because I realized that I got to Week 3 using the wrong form. I also am having a heck of a time breathing!

-max

Edit: Also, I'm very unhappy that the logger has been down for like 4 days :(

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Hi! I registered just to talk with you guys about this :) I am struggling with the Hundred Pushups challenge - I thought the Two Hundred Situps was easy for some reason, but I just can't get the pushups that well. I'm in the Army and being able to do 100 pushups would be insanely awesome for promotion times :)

I was as far as Week 4 but I had to keep restarting - so I bought the GoFit pushup bars at Amazon and reset to Week 1. Those seem to be giving me a lot better results, although my palms really are sore using the bars.

What are your biggest challenges? I had to reset once because I realized that I got to Week 3 using the wrong form. I also am having a heck of a time breathing!

-max

Edit: Also, I'm very unhappy that the logger has been down for like 4 days :(

The bars should definitely challenge you more and hopefully give better results. I've noticed that at the end of this week I was struggling to meet the criteria, unsure if I've really had any improvement since the start of the week (well improvement is rarely felt instantly or this soon).

My biggest challenge is probably just not being able to push out that last set fully without an adequate rest from today. The other two days from this week I did fine, but today I really felt the fatigue. Another challenge I have seems to be with my wrists as they get really sore at the end (probably because of the hard surface I'm using, not sure).

As far as breathing goes, I've had no problem in that area, although I rarely have problems with breathing and exercising. It's been nearly 2 years since I've had any form of regular workout but I'm not finding myself winded like I thought I might've.

PR0fessor Burnt

Another challenge I have seems to be with my wrists as they get really sore at the end (probably because of the hard surface I'm using, not sure).

try going on a carpet of mat and switching to you knuckles. My wrists get really sore and I find doing push ups on my knuckles really helps as your wrist is straight rather then bent