• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

2012 - Doomsday

PR0fessor Burnt

The reason people believe the Mayan calender doomsday shit so much is because they have a very acurate calender to date and so it just ends in 2012 but it didn't mean the end of the world it just ment that there was going to be a big change

Dan

Contributor
The reason people believe the Mayan calender doomsday shit so much is because they have a very acurate calender to date and so it just ends in 2012 but it didn't mean the end of the world it just ment that there was going to be a big change

Say's who?

I found these video's really interesting; it's about how other past prophets have predicted the same date. It was on the History Channel, you guys might have seen it.

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
Say's who?

I found these video's really interesting; it's about how other past prophets have predicted the same date. It was on the History Channel, you guys might have seen it.

I haven't seen it, nor can I because youtube is blocked. This is why it's bigger than just the Mayans. Other people have predicted it, which gives it more priority than something like 6-6-06.

Dan

Contributor
Then again, it could have just started with one prophet saying it would happen, then words getting twisted throughout history. On one of them video's, one of the prophet's was found to be entirely fiction.

eldiablov

Contributor
2012 signals the end of the Mayans 13th "era", what people seem to ignore is that the 14th era starts right after it.

Will people actually READ this post please?

Anything to do with 2012 and the mayans is insane, it makes no sense. I remember seeing a video where they interviewed a descendant Mayan princess, even she said it was not predicted.

Zx30

Beto
I'm confident that not a damn thing will happen in 2012 due to the Mayan calender...

But...something could definitely happen because of us.
Think about it.
You know there's people out there who truly believe this shit.
Imagine them all going in a world wide panic.
That could cause alot of crime. Destruction. Chaos.
Ugh. Human beings can be so stupid.

Adiuvo

The amount of people who act on this will probably be slim. Look at Y2K. Nothing really happened in terms of mass panic.

Colm

Bible Code Theory was a hoax. No mass panic.
This is a hoax. No mass panic.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I haven't seen it, nor can I because youtube is blocked. This is why it's bigger than just the Mayans. Other people have predicted it, which gives it more priority than something like 6-6-06.

I saw something like it on the discovery channel. They quoted Nostradamus in it. The problem with Nostradamus is that he wrote his predictions in a form of coded French. Since no one knows EXACTLY how to interpret it, we can see whatever we want to see in it.

Coincidentally, Rush's third album is called 2112 (December 21st). The title itself refers to the year 2112, but it's funny to see. The album was released on April 1st 1976. The release date just makes it all the more amusing to see since we're talking about the end of the world.