• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...

BenS

Here is a step by step guide for installing 3.40 OE-A. Please note that you must be running 1.50, or any of the OE series firmware to begin this installation.

First grab the 3.40 OE-A files.

1. Copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to X:/PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to X:/PSP/GAME150 if you are running OE.

2. Now download the 1.50 and 3.40 updates which you can grab below:
1.50 Update
3.40 Update

3. Place these 2 updates in the oeupdmaker folder and ensure they are named exactly like this 150.PBP and 340.PBP. Now navigate to the game menu on your PSP and execute the update maker. It will take a few minutes to create the file, once finished a DATA.DXAR will be found in the oeupdmaker folder.

Please note: If you get an error message that says "Invalid SHA-1" when creating the DXAR do not proceed further. This means you have a faulty memory stick and a corrupt DATA.DXAR was created. Start over using a different memory stick.

4. Copy 340oeflasher and 340oeflasher% to X:/PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to X:/PSP/GAME150 if you are running OE.

5. Copy the DATA.DXAR created in step 3 to the 340oeflasher folder.

6. Navigate to the game menu on your PSP, run the 3.40 OE-A flasher and follow the on screen instructions. Once done your PSP will now be running 3.40 OE-A :)

Please could some advise where I find these files Copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% as when i click on the link above it I get an oea.rar file instead ???
thanks
Ben

PS have just done the 1.50 downgrade

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Please could some advise where I find these files Copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% as when i click on the link above it I get an oea.rar file instead ???
thanks
Ben

PS have just done the 1.50 downgrade

You'll need to download WinRAR which is available here and install it. Once installed, you need right-click on the oea.rar file and extract it.

Common procedure for file downloads these days ... most everything is stored in either zip or rar.

tangkad

Here is a step by step guide for installing 3.40 OE-A. Please note that you must be running 1.50, or any of the OE series firmware to begin this installation.

First grab the 3.40 OE-A files.

1. Copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to X:/PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to X:/PSP/GAME150 if you are running OE.

2. Now download the 1.50 and 3.40 updates which you can grab below:
1.50 Update
3.40 Update

3. Place these 2 updates in the oeupdmaker folder and ensure they are named exactly like this 150.PBP and 340.PBP. Now navigate to the game menu on your PSP and execute the update maker. It will take a few minutes to create the file, once finished a DATA.DXAR will be found in the oeupdmaker folder.

Please note: If you get an error message that says "Invalid SHA-1" when creating the DXAR do not proceed further. This means you have a faulty memory stick and a corrupt DATA.DXAR was created. Start over using a different memory stick.

4. Copy 340oeflasher and 340oeflasher% to X:/PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to X:/PSP/GAME150 if you are running OE.

5. Copy the DATA.DXAR created in step 3 to the 340oeflasher folder.

6. Navigate to the game menu on your PSP, run the 3.40 OE-A flasher and follow the on screen instructions. Once done your PSP will now be running 3.40 OE-A :)

pls help m a noob, ive done evrything step by step, but when i execute the update maker it produce a DATA.DXAR with 0kb is it correct, then when i flash it after putting the 340 n 150 file my psp says invalid 150 updater, did i miss anything btw m using 3.03OE-C, tnx hope some1 can help me

tangkad

is it possible that the 1.50 update ive dwnloaded is not working ? and is it the same with the 1.50 update posted at the downgrade thread? any one pls.. help

hoboj03

hey guys im a noob at this kind of stuff. So wat do i do if the updatemaker cant open 150.PBP, o ya and i have version 3.03 OE-A

Roe

Did you rename the 1.50 update to 150.pbp and do you have it in there at all?

gingervoodoo

THANK YOU!!!!

I would just like to say a big fat thank you to all you people that help out. I've just installed the 3.40 OE and it works brilliantly. No more messy emulators clogging up my PSP.

Big kiss to you all!!!!!!!!

Voodoo x x x

xami

Help needed. Im using a version 3.10OE-A. do i use the 1.50.pbp and 3.40.pbp to make the DATA.DXAR? i saw a thread here about getting a 3.10.pbp which i am totally lost where to get it. help please guys. really appreciate it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Help needed. Im using a version 3.10OE-A. do i use the 1.50.pbp and 3.40.pbp to make the DATA.DXAR? i saw a thread here about getting a 3.10.pbp which i am totally lost where to get it. help please guys. really appreciate it.

nah dude... just follow the guide. Both 150.PBP and 340.PBP are available in the first post.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ya i renamed it. Does pbp have to be lowercase? o ya and i made a mistake i have 3.03OE-C.

doesn't matter... are you sure "Hide File Extensions" is turned off (assuming you're using Windows)?

Verisutha

I had a 1.50 PSP, so I followed the guide above to install 3.40 OE-A that was in the guide, following all instructions.

The upgrade went fine and it shows me as having 3.40 OE-A installed. I then formatted the memory card so I would get the correct directory structures.

Now the problem is any game I try to run I get a

"The game can not be started. (80020321)"

I have the iso in the ISO directory. Is there something special you need to do to a game before it will run on the PSP? The game shows in the menu and everything, I just can't figure out what is wrong, and no one seems to have posted anything about it.

Suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Verisutha

Ok, ignore my prior post.. my other PSP has a UP in it, and I don't need an UMD in the drive..

DOH!..

Just a FYI for any else that has the prob I'll leave my prior post.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
how do i turn "hide file extensions" off.

Go to My Computer -> Tools -> Folder Options
Click View Tab
Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"

the_car_guy71

update maker

Where do i get the update maker that is mentioned in the instructions for 3.40OEA. I don't have it on my PSP. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks:smile:

Roe

Firstly have you downloaded the 3.40oe-a update files in the post. If so make sure you have oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% in PSP/GAME150