• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

Acerthief

two ways.
Upgrade to 3.50 (NOT 3.51 3.52) then downgrade with a copy Lumines with the guide HERE.
Or Use a Pandora Battery, make it HERE, and then downgrade to 1.5.

Afterwards, upgrade to 3.40OE-A with this guide, or 3.52M33 with THIS guide, and update to 3.52M33-4 HERE.
and that's about it!

Good Luck :D

ssps

I HAVE 1.50 FW I HAVE DOWNLOADED & PUT ALL FILES AS U MENTIONED , BUT I GET CORRUPTED DATA & 3.40 UPDATE MAKER WHEN I OPEN GAME . wHEN I RUM THAT UPDATE MAKER IT IS RUNNING FOR 1HR & STILL IN EXTRACTING & PACKING 3.40 , I HAVE TO REMOVE MEMORY STICK TO CLOSE IT . PLS HELP

supaquickt

Its late here I'm short of sleep and I can't really get my head around your post so this might be way off.. What kind of memory stick are you using, could be fake/faulty. Maybe try a different one if you have one?

Acerthief

I HAVE 1.50 FW I HAVE DOWNLOADED & PUT ALL FILES AS U MENTIONED , BUT I GET CORRUPTED DATA & 3.40 UPDATE MAKER WHEN I OPEN GAME . wHEN I RUM THAT UPDATE MAKER IT IS RUNNING FOR 1HR & STILL IN EXTRACTING & PACKING 3.40 , I HAVE TO REMOVE MEMORY STICK TO CLOSE IT . PLS HELP

question answered in PSP help centre.

please dont post the same question in two places at once. Thanks!

joker12489

Okay guys i need help I have 3.10 oe-A on my psp i want to update it to 3.40 oe-A but when i try and download 1.50 update and put it on the right folder it keeps saying corrupted data =(

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Okay guys i need help I have 3.10 oe-A on my psp i want to update it to 3.40 oe-A but when i try and download 1.50 update and put it on the right folder it keeps saying corrupted data =(

Corrupted data where? In the Game menu? That's normal...

nickyg93

i have 3.10 oe-a and when i try to update after putting in the files it says there's no need to update, ur psp is at version 3.10. what do i do?

Acerthief

did you follow the guides step by step?
I believe you pressed the UMD update icon, on your main screen you have to go to GAME -> memory stick.
or you only put in the 3.40 official update and ran it without the necessary files.

stazari

What does this exactly do?

SOrry guys but I have been trying out all of the different hacks cause I want to find out what each of them do. The only ones I seemed to get to work is 3.40 OE and the 3.11 w/ Devhooks. I know what devhooks does, but I have this installed to 3.40 OE but I cant get any of the games that worked with devhooks to work with this firmware. Is there anyway I can play DLed psp games that worked with devhooks with this firmware. I created a ISO folder on the X/psp menu but I cant get it to work. It boots to the psp menu and then is says it cant start the game. Let me know, thanks for your time. Can someone explain what this exactly does.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
SOrry guys but I have been trying out all of the different hacks cause I want to find out what each of them do. The only ones I seemed to get to work is 2.40 OE and the 3.11 w/ Devhooks. I know what devhooks does, but I have this installed to 3.40 OE but I cant get any of the games that worked with devhooks to work with this firmware. Is there anyway I can play DLed psp games that worked with devhooks with this firmware. I created a ISO folder on the X/psp menu but I cant get it to work. Let me know, thanks for your time. Can someone explain what this exactly does.

First of all we don't allow discussion of downloaded games here. A lot of games available on the net are hacked up to work with older loaders - such as DevHook - and do not run correctly in OE / M33. That's why you should always buy the game and dump it yourself.

Secondly I would recommend installing 3.52 M33, and then installing the 3.52 M33-4 patch. Once you've gotten all that installed, press HOME in the PSP main menu screen (XMB) and toggle the ISO driver to Sony NP 9660. Generally this gives the best compatibility with dumped ISOs.

stazari

Didnt know that thanks. How do i rip from games that I already have. I have a couple games that would make this more convenient for me. Also to upgrade to 3.52M33 do I have to downgrade first or can I just go straight to it. THanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Didnt know that thanks. How do i rip from games that I already have. I have a couple games that would make this more convenient for me. Also to upgrade to 3.52M33 do I have to downgrade first or can I just go straight to it. THanks

You can go straight to 3.52 M33.

Also to dump your own games on 3.52 M33-4, go into the same menu I told you about by pressing HOME in the XMB and switch the USB device to UMD. Once you've done this - just go to USB connection as normal and your UMD will appear as an ISO in the file browser and you can copy it to your hard drive.

Then when you're finished, simply change the USB device setting back to memory stick.

NagatoMinato

hey dude i got the error 800200321 can tell me why ? :D
Anyway i downloaded final fantasy tactics war of the lion on my computer i put it inside the File "ISO". (my iso is not inside psp file but its inside that psp removable drive, so afterall is still inside my psp) the problem is the other 2 game showed in the game menu when i play my psp but the final fantasy didnt. the 2 other games showed 800200321 error -.-

joniwal

hey DAX
I downloaded the 340 eboot but i can open it with winrar so i cant install firmware 3.40 oe-a.
Is there allready a new tut for the psp?
plz contact me.
thnx

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hey DAX
I downloaded the 340 eboot but i can open it with winrar so i cant install firmware 3.40 oe-a.
Is there allready a new tut for the psp?
plz contact me.
thnx

Did you download the 3.40 update from this site? It's not a RAR or ZIP, no need to use WinRAR.

Anyways, 3.40 OE-A is outdated now. You should install at least 3.52 M33:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=2732

merka

wen copy oeupdmaker to the game folder it says its a corrupted file wen i go try to use it on my psp wat do i do

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
wen copy oeupdmaker to the game folder it says its a corrupted file wen i go try to use it on my psp wat do i do

what firmware are you running?

furiousangle

8002014c Error

Okay, so far as I know I followed the instructions to the T but am still getting a 8002014c error when I try to run the update maker.

I'm currently running 3.03 OE-c firmware so I never expected to encounter this amount of resistance. I even tried updating to an earlier firmware like 3.30 but my search for the EBOOT.pbp was completely fruitless.

If anyone can help me out here it'd really mean a lot. This is terribly frustrating.