• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gaming 38 Studios, Big Huge Games Release Employees (All of Them)

eXo

M for Messenger
Kingdoms-of-Amalur-Reckoning.jpg

It's a sad day for the folks who worked on Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. According to a source close to Joystiq, both 38 Studios and Big Huge Games have laid off their entire respective staffs. Ouch!

All of this is a result of a recent financial fiasco where 38 Studios was unable to pay the Rhode Island state government a large sum of money[...]

Continue reading: 38 Studios, Big Huge Games Release Employees (All of Them)...

hush404

I still think it's complete lunacy for the company to of accepted a $75million loan in the first place :S

luiscesjr

Judging their work, Big Huge Respect for them, Big Huge thanks for the hours of play, Big Huge wish, wish of a good future for all you guys...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Agreed, they didn't deserve this end. Kingdoms of Amalur, I think, didn't get much of the love it deserved. I wish them all the best

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I didnt make the connection at the time, but 38 Studios was the company funded by former MLB all-star pitcher Curt Schilling. He was on Sportscenter this morning saying he's flat broke because of this.

I hate the guy, so I'm happy to hear he's lost everything.