• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3D Dot Game Heroes

Whisper

Logic :(
A trailer was just released. It seems to be a 3D 8 bit zelda game for the ps3. Looks really awesome.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoFYEtj2tDw[/YT]

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
So I picked this up, it's pretty much Zelda, and it's quite fun. Has anyone else grabbed this yet?

Here's a Gametrailers review to show you some gameplay and give some details.

[GT]64699[/GT]

MenaceInc

Staff Member
This would be a definite buy for me if I had a PS3. The artstyle just looks amazing.

Sinfulfate

So I picked this up, it's pretty much Zelda, and it's quite fun. Has anyone else grabbed this yet?
Not yet but I want too. I was hoping to have Heavy rain done by last week so I could send it back to get this but barely even managed to start Heavy Rain. The game is only $40 tho so I might just buy it once I sell back my books next week.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Yeah I saw you online and playing it last night. I had been following the news on this game for awhile and got pretty stoked about it. I'm going to be picking this up soon.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I might pick this game up, I'm in need of a new game that isnt too involved. Whats the retail price on it?

Izunagi

Bloodless Tatari
Been wanting to pick this game up, but seeing as how I just recently made a few purchases on steam...ah, what the heck. Maybe I'll pick this one up soon...probably next week hopefully.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Bought it on release.

What can I say. Its Zelda 3 on steroids which is either successful or failure depending on your attitude on the situation.

Think about it like a 3d Zelda for the Playstation, I think its a successful game for the price and whats offered. It has its unique qualities and very similar qualities to the title but I think thats the point. Its definitely addictive as an action RPG would be.

I like it, I dont love it, but I like it enough to not hate myself for buying it.

Euphoria

Sales Nut
For anyone who owns this game I have some advice for you.

Once you reach the Dash Race mini-game be sure to create a custom character that is just a gigantic block that takes up the entire pixel limit, then give it a face so you know what direction it is facing.

After that enter the "No sway" code so he doesn't move side to side and moves in a straight line with no body movement. This makes it much easier to get accustomed to the track and reach that infuriating 20 seconds time limit so you can grab the reward.

Code is -

At Pause screen: L1, R1, L1, R1, L1, L1, R1, R1, Square

This game is also most likely going to lead all PS3 software in sales for the week ending May 15th in the US, for anyone interested. Should be around 40-50k for the week, which is probably higher than what the company ever expected considering the first week in the US alone will surpass total JPN LTD sales.

Gives us a greater chance of Silicon Studios bringing us more retro gaming goodness with unique graphical styles. They say they have other ideas in the pipeline but the sales will determine whether they continue making games or if they stick to making middleware like they always have.

Just some info for you guys.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
haven't read any reviews of it yet but I'm interested to see how many hours you'll get out of the game. I just remembered I never got Final Fantasy XIII so I'll probably spend the money I don't have right now on that. Really wish I had more money right now but that's not the case.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Im closing in on the end of the game and ive not clocked in more than 12 hours. Less the developers secretly incorporated a second world map or something like Zelda 3 did I dont see it lasting much longer. My item menu is complete, only thing left is the side quest items so I dont see hope of this game outlasting 16 hours at best, and I spent at least 5 hours exploring for the fun of it. The story itself cant be more than 8 hours long.

Riorio99

Just picked it up and played about 30 minutes. Pretty solid game overall. Cliches are all there, the music isn't bad and the gameplay is damn solid. Like many of you have said, Zelda 3(D) comes to mind.