• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

4.00 CFW To Feature In-XMB Recovery, Savestate Functionality

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
@midnitdragoon: Well, the firmware is still in development so nothing of that nature has been tested yet. But yes you should be able to upgrade from 3.95 GEN. No real reason why it wouldn't work.

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
Not with many people. Every ISO I have is a game I own (not even rented) that I dumped personally on my own PSP. Yes, there is quite a bit of piracy on the PSP, but it's not any worse than any other platform, and better than some.

Ditto for my PSX EBOOTs - every one of them was dumped from my own discs using my own python script I wrote back when a bunch of us were still working out how to get CDDA in PSX games in popstation.

I take decent care of my discs, but I've still got a few (PSX mostly) that aren't readable anymore. No matter how good the media, it'll eventually go bad... or the drive will. Having an electronic copy of my games means I don't have to worry about either. And playing legal backups instead of the original UMD means my UMD drive will last that much longer due to lowered wear-and-tear.

Well, in my country no1 buys them (tradition:D).

BTW do you know (or any1 else) if the savestate is an actual RAM dump? (into a file).
Or it's just saves it till the next restart?

(if it's yes for the first one, then can I give it to a friend, and then launch it from his PSP?)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
J

jx233

this thread is already outdated.
and old (lol)

but can anyone close this thread?