• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

5.00 M33-2 Update

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psplogo4.jpg

Following the recent 5.00 M33 custom firmware release, homebrew developer Dark_AleX has released 5.00 M33-2. This maintenance release includes several bug fixes and uses a new method for activating Memory Stick plugins. Additionally, users can now change the firmware version at will by modifying the version.txt file. The complete changelog can be found below.[blockquote2]* Popcorn bug fixes
* Fixed bug that caused some games with certain icons not to work, and caused document.dat not to work.
* Fixed critical bug that caused continous corruption of psx games in RAM.
* Core bugfix: Fixed sctrlKernelSetInit* functions not working.
* M33 network update doesn't work in 5.00 M33, fixed.
* Added the possibility of loading version information from the file flash0:/vsh/etc/version.txt[/blockquote2]Download 5.00 M33-2 Update

5.00 M33-2 release [Dark_AleX]

Kairu43

<p>Thanks so much Alex! Another great update to fix all our psx problems (without having to go into our flash folders, risking screwing things up ourselves)</p>
<p>Looks like Hellcat's Recovery app will be getting an update too.</p>

Kairu43

<p>Sorry for double post, but I just tried to access the playstation store and it states</p>
<p>"A system software update for the psp system is required. For update methods, refer to the instructions for the PSP system."</p>
<p>How do we use the store?</p>

Jake

In the update readme he mentions that you can use the new version.txt feature to bypass restrictions that may be in the psn, etc. So it seems that would be the way to fix this.

EDIT: I just saw on Aleks blog instructions to fix this. It currently the bottom comment. http://sceners.org/?itemid=42

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
^^ Yep, for now. A plugin will be released tomorrow to enable access to the store, if you don't want to mess with the version.txt.

Kairu43

<p>Sorry if I'm just being slow but I enabled it in recovery and it still said that. Do I have to copy it to seplugins and change 5.00 to 5.01 or what. He mentioned dumping 5.01 to flash, does that have anything to do with it?</p>

Kairu43

<p>Oh (sorry for double posting again) didn't see your edit</p>
<p>here is the quote from the link you mentioned for everyone reading here to see (All credit goes to Jake and Berserk)</p>
<p>"posted by eddib at pspupdates.qj.net
how to get psn store working on
5.00m33-2</p>
<p>first update to 5.01m33-2</p>
<p>then
- download the official 5.01 firmware
- copy the eboot.pbp (from the 5.01 offical firmware) to the root of the memory stick
- get the PSAR-dumper for 5.00 by Dark Alex
- run the PSAR-dumper and choose the option to decrypt everything</p>
<p>- connect the PSP to the PC and locate the 'F0' folder that was created by the PSAR-dumper on your MS
- go to folder 'F0vshetc' and copy version.txt to your desktop
- disconnect from PC and shutdown PSP (keep holding the power button untill PSP is switched off)</p>
<p>- reboot PSP in recovery mode (hold R-trigger and power button for about 5 seconds)
- go to 'advanced' and select 'Toggle USB (flash0)'
- the 'flash0' folder will now be visible in your explorer: you will see three folders ('dic', 'font', 'vsh')
- still in explorer, go to the folder 'vshetc'
- you will see the version.txt file there, rename it to version.old.txt and move it to your desktop
- copy the version.txt from the dumped 5.01 (on your desktop) to the folder 'vshetc', overwriting the old version.txt</p>
<p>- select 'Toggle USB (flash0)' on your PSP to disconnect from PC
- select 'Back'
- select 'Configuration'
- disable the M33 network update
- select 'Back' to reboot PSP</p>
<p>DONE! and working</p>
<p>Berserk - 23 Oct, 2008 - 02:11:01
--------------------------</p>

nathanmoon

Programmer. Procrastinator.
<p>guys, please become a fan of the king Dark~AleX at <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkAleX/31283906247">[www.facebook.com]</a></p>

jcsc24ph

<p>pls help me! i have already download firmware v5.01. but my problem are,
1. how to open the move? because i try to many
times to open the mode but i can't,
2. how to run the games in v5.01 because there
is no files or folder ISO in psp v5.01.
3. how to go back old version from 5.01 to 4.01.
4. Then I try to download the fatmode but the files is corrupt.</p>
<p>what can I do?</p>
<p>pls help me, i can't sleep because my problem of my psp. can you give me instruction how to resolved this and other details..</p>
<p>pls email me: julius83ph@yahoo.com</p>

ednan23

<p>pls I need help! i have already download firmware v5.01. but my problem are,
3. how to go back old version from 5.01 to 4.01.
<p>what can I do?</p>
<p>email me at ednan23@yahoo.com.ph</p>

ednan23

3. how to go back old version from 5.01 to 3.8.
<p>what can I do?</p>
<p>pls. email me...ednan23@yahooc.om.ph</p>

january39

eXo Staff
3. how to go back old version from 5.01 to 3.8.
<p>what can I do?</p>
<p>pls. email me...ednan23@yahooc.om.ph</p>

Your on OFW, you need CFW. Get a Pandora Battery and then a MMS.

jayprics

<p>dear dark alex i,m a sailor i bought psp 3004 but i want to play games on memory but suddenly i can't paly it, how? i already upgrade my firmware to 5.01 dn i cannot play, and i cannot open the recovery mode of my psp 3004, pls alex reply i cannot sleep for this one.</p>

mortalinstincts

eXophase Staff
The PSP-3000 cannot run CFW right now. The only way to run games through is your MS is to use PSN.

and btw... Dark_AleX doesnt come over here, he is usually on his website www.dark-alex.org , but not like he'll reply to your post there too..