• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS4 A Look at the DualShock 4

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

The only actual hardware that Sony showed off today was the DualShock 4. As you can see from above, the leaked dev kit pictures were quite accurate. The controller features a front-facing touchpad, straddled a share button on the left and what looks to be an "options" button on the right.

Continue reading...

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I just hope battery life isn't compromised by having a speaker and touchscreen.

I also have no interest in seeing a touchscreen added to QTE.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I just hope battery life isn't compromised by having a speaker and touchscreen.

I also have no interest in seeing a touchscreen added to QTE.

It's just a touchpad, similar to the back of the Vita. Agreed on battery life although I usually opt for corded controllers anyway.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
The Wii Remote has a built-in speaker and the battery life isn't bad on those (and they use two AA batteries, not a rechargeable lithium battery). It's hard to see in the first picture (second picture in the article shows a different angle) but the handles / grips are much longer than the DS3.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I found the touchpad on the vita to be a nuisance.

I actually enjoyed it (LBP uses it well). When used properly it is nice - although the one here on the DS4 is something entirely different. Can't really say how well it works until we can get some hands-on time with it. If it's positioned right then I can see it become useful (for navigation and maybe for quick actions / commands)