• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

A Real iPhone 3GS Review

eXo

M for Messenger
The iPhone 3GS was released on June 19th in stores ranging from California to London; and it has a few great improvements that are unseen to the naked eye. The iPhone has proven itself to be a leading competitor in the smartphone race, and this review should display[...]

More...

eighty4

If you guys could give me some feedback on the article, since it is my first that has been published, I'd appreciate it alot. Thanks.

Serideth

Man I loved this, for ages I have been debating weather or not to buy one and this has finally convinced me.

Thanks man.

Urameshi

Who Higher Than Me?
So let me get this straight...If you were to hook up an iphone to a laptop that's not connected to the internet, you can use that internet tethering thing to connect it to the internet because of the iphone's 3g?

"Last, but definitely not least, we have the Messaging app formerly known as the Text app. Almost every carrier around the world has implemented MMS to the the phones features, so pictures of events or anything to your liking can be sent to friends, family or strangers who happen to be in your phonebook."

So that's saying that the iphone now supports MMS?

eighty4

Both questions are a yes, but AT&T has stated that MMS wont be available to their customers till "later this summer" while people on an iPhone Family Plan are saying MMS works for them now.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Disappointing, you didn't even mention my favourite thing about the 3GS, twice the RAM! Its not just the CPU increase that makes it lag free, RAM helps a lot too. And now you can finally play the Sims 3 without it crashing all the time.

Also the compass isn't entirely useless, it will be very useful when turn-by-turn apps come out

Either way it was a good read

eighty4

The Compass itself is useless, the technology behind it, is not. And twice the RAM would only take about a second to rad over, but the CPU helps in more areas, so I decided to go with that instead.

BUt thanks for the feedback!

Robby

Los Doyers!
Very nice article. It was very clean and simple.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Very informative and thorough review. I'd get one if other carries offered it. Too bad the iPhone is still restricted to AT&T through normal contracts here.

eighty4

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I have another one in the works, and after going through vigorous editing with ES, I think I have this one down to a core.

raing3

Thanks for the nice review... I just wish I could afford an iPhone :( ... I finally got a Dingoo A320 though which I've been wanting for a while, should be coming in a few weeks :).

EDIT: Haha you even used the same heading formatting as me... I was thinking of making the colour less dark but got lazy :S.

twelve

I'm not dead
Now I want an iphone. Which is really good timing because I just checked and my T-Mobile contract ended last month (or ends in December depending on how T-Mobile handle their dates).

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Disappointing, you didn't even mention my favourite thing about the 3GS, twice the RAM! Its not just the CPU increase that makes it lag free, RAM helps a lot too. And now you can finally play the Sims 3 without it crashing all the time.

[HIGHLIGHT]Also the compass isn't entirely useless, it will be very useful when turn-by-turn apps come out[/HIGHLIGHT]

Either way it was a good read

At&T released it's turn-by-turn Navigator App yesterday. It's free to download, but it adds $10 to your monthly bill to use.

For $120 a year, you can go out and get a Garmin Nuvi from Amazon.