• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

About Flash0 of PSP 3000

Hellcat

Contributor
Certainly not.

".exe" files are PC executables, the PSP has no use for them / no way of running them.
If you got that file, you somehow enabled flash access via USB while having a virus on your PC.

You should perform a scan of your PC.

sHadowbane

oh is that so, is it ok to removed that file then? cause i'm afraid that i might brick might psp3000 once i remove that file.

i noticed that file when i tried to view my flash0 files when i got my psp back from the store where i got it. cause i accidentally erased my "kd" folder, so i have to bring it to them for repair. then after few days they return it to me without changing the motherboard, however i notice that i have no flash1, 2, and 3 folders anymore (but still my psp runs as normal as before) and i noticed that "dic.exe" file already there.

EDIT: i thought that that "dic.exe" file is in a way related to the dic folder in my flash0.

Hellcat

Contributor
Well, performing file action on the flash is ALWAYS dangerous, too much can go wrong with that crappy FAT filesystem, but the dic.exe definitaly has no relation to the PSP.

flash 1, 2 and 3 "folders" never existed as well.
Those are "drives", partitions of the flash, like a partition on a harddrive, so I'm not sure what you mean by "don't have flash 1, 2, 3 folders anymore"....

Moose

Meta Moose
Sounds like you might have some sort of malware or spyware installed on your computer (if you're sure that you didn't put the executable there yourself) that has attempted to copy itself onto your PSP when you have plugged it in to the infected computer. I'd recommend, as Hellcat said, that you scan your PC with an anti-spy/malware application (preferably in Safe Mode).

sHadowbane

thanks for the info and suggestions. already performed thorough scan of my pc and it seems that there were several viruses found. i guess you were right (thanks), it might have penetrated my psp. thanks a lot guys! cheers!