• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Activision Announces Fall Rhythm Lineup, Guitar Hero 5 Confirmed

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
turntable3.jpg

Activision today announced its slate of upcoming music-based titles, confirming that DJ Hero, Guitar Hero 5, and Band Hero are all due out this fall.

As shown above, DJ Hero features use of a turntable controller for creating mixes based on a wide variety of music genres, including hip-hop, R&B, Motown, electronica and dance. Band Hero is geared towards the entire family with a song list comprised of mainstream top-40 hits.

Backed by modern and classic rock bands, Guitar Hero 5 promises to give "players an unprecedented level of control over the way they play the game with the ability to drop in and out of songs and change band members, instruments and difficulty levels on the fly." No details beyond that were divulged.

Activision touts that the lineup will "redefine the company

d1ddy

oh god , I had fun mixing music at my friends house with his real set worth money . now I'm gonna be mixing wu tang tracks on a fucking happy meal toy . GG activision ruin my vid game industry more pl0x

ekmuas

<p>they gotta be fucking kidding... sorry for the use of words, but this guitar hero stuff needs to stop.</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It's getting ridiculous, really. At this rate Activision will top the Final Fantasy series in terms of spin-offs and sequels in less than a few years. To be fair though they have no reason to stop, each new title sells like no tomorrow.

Justdie

I feel safe in my BOX
ahem... ok ya activision, come on now GH5, DJ hero and Band hero ok thats just to much music. and theres going to be a better DJ game comeing to all console that'll kick DJ heros butt. only reason i say that is cause it'll have real DJ tracks like GORRILAZ and etc.

but all in all ill probably play DJ hero to how it is.*sigh*

MenaceInc

Staff Member
wait,sorry,when did guitar hero 4 come out?

I remember when the first one came out...was great...was how I got into incubus

J

jx233

I can't wait until Banjo Hero is made. Maybe that will be better than using a guitar. :laugh: