• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Al-Qaeda Leader Osama Bin Laden Found Dead

Dan

Contributor
Apparently his body's been recovered after an incident in Islamabad against US forces.

OBAMA SPEECH NOW GOGOGO

Further clarification:

US forces assaulted the compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan earlier today in which Bin Laden was hiding. The intel was first provided back in August and was confirmed after several months of surveillance on the compound. Obama gave the order to move in this morning and Bin Laden was killed during the assault.

Bin Laden is the iconic head/leader of Al-Qaeda and was the main man behind 9/11. He has evaded capture from the US for nearly 10 years. His death will undoubtedly have a large effect on the entire Al-Qaeda's organization.

Adiuvo

Good god how is there not more discussion about this? This effects the entire world, people!

I think a 'USA!' is appropriate now.

TeamOverload

Watching the crowd outside the White House on CNN, so awesome, wish I was down there to partake in this historic event. Eyes have been glued to the TV nonstop, ever since I heard the first rumors about this buzzing on Twitter. Awesome job, and god bless the USA for sure :D Just has been served, indeed.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Pretty big event so I decided to have a little something to drink...while writing a paper for a final:

fbcf891b90e61035335c812ed71c2117128be740.jpg

Needless to say, I don't feel like doing work anymore

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Whilst everyone is acting more patriotic than they really are, his homies are planning revenge.

Just sayin...

Adiuvo

And thanks to Wikileaks, tons of people are saying it will be nuclear in nature.

woo fear-mongering.

Hellcat

Contributor
Meh, Bin Laden never really existed in the first place.
He was an imaginative figure, created by the US gov., so they could "drop him off" to give an enemy figure standin wherever the US wanted to invade.
And since every story (even a cover-story) needs an ending, they are now rolling the end credits....

[/end conspiracy]

;)

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Right cause Bin Laden is clearly and undoubtedly the man who orchestrated 9/11. Come at me, bro.

Sucks that he was killed, being tried for anything that he might have been convicted of is worth so much more satisfaction.

Seth

MD Party Room
[video=youtube;UiDyrkU0WAQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiDyrkU0WAQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
So..apparently he resisted arrest which led to him being shot 2 times in the head, a 54 year old man, cornered, on dialysis, was it really necessary? It's not like he's running anywhere. And he's already been buried at sea? How is anyone supposed to believe this. Not that i'm saying it didn't happen, just a bit suspicious.

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
im always a bit suspicious of things like this. i can just see how this went down:
obama: "we need something that will make people stop thinking about the wars, high gas prices, the unemployment rate, and all the other shitty things"
random aide #1: "how about saying something nice about the royal wedding?"
obama: "no you idiot, we need something solid, something we promised the people years ago that never came true. something they can unify around"
random aide #2: "how about we fake bin laden's death again? but this time we'll play it off as real!"
obama: "my god man, you're a genius. somebody get this man a lap dance! he may have just saved these united states as we know it! make this shit happen!"

teh end :troll:

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
So..apparently he resisted arrest which led to him being shot 2 times in the head, a 54 year old man, cornered, on dialysis, was it really necessary? It's not like he's running anywhere. And he's already been buried at sea? How is anyone supposed to believe this. Not that i'm saying it didn't happen, just a bit suspicious.
I feel pretty confident we won't be seeing a picture or video of him holding tomorrow's newspaper. You don't make this kind of announcement and not have confirmed the kill.

My overall feeling about this is pretty underwhelming. Most of you guys here were pretty young when he took credit for 9/11, so I'm not really sure how your views on the subject matter were formed. Personally, I'm glad he's dead and glad this administration is ending the Iraq War. Hopefully this will lead to more scaling back in the Afhan War.

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
No denying they confirmed a kill, it's just weird he was buried at sea within hours. I'm pretty sure they knew where he was for a while, just down the road from a Pakistani military base in the mansion. If only they turned off PSN earlier, as i'm confident that's what lead them to finally find him. Call of Duty: Real Life.

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
I killed Colonel Gaddafi last night. I didn't take any pictures and threw his body into the sea. Just take my word for it; he's definitely dead.

seriously where is the proof.

^ Comment from a friend who isn't on the forums.