• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Annoyed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HunteronX

I have the power!
No wonder nobody wants to be a part of tech forums anymore - people are just so rude about everything, moaning about everything, and not really helping people without making them feel bad in the process, even if they don't repeatedly ask for things.

Many people on this forum should feel ashamed of themselves. :mad:

I posted this here, as this is where I've noticed it happening most.

eldiablov

Contributor
No wonder nobody wants to be a part of tech forums anymore - people are just so rude about everything, moaning about everything, and not really helping people without making them feel bad in the process, even if they don't repeatedly ask for things.

Many people on this forum should feel ashamed of themselves. :mad:

I posted this here, as this is where I've noticed it happening most.

We take your complaining and whining on board, thank you for posting here at MfM :tup:

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
It's just something that comes with the territory. Many of us here have been in the PSP "scene" for a few years and probably can't tolerate the constant barrage of questions anymore (well ones that can be answered by a proper Google search).

If you have seen any posts that you think are highly offensive or ruin the image of our forums, feel free to use the report post button. Sometimes we will allow "offensive" posts to remain just because they are sometimes the "appropriate" way to get a point across.

In this forum particularly we allow open discussion of exploits, speculation and just general discussion of the PSP "scene". It's far from a friendly scene and that's something you'll have to learn with time. We are here to try to provide a "mature" community and in doing so we allow a few "moron" and other derogatory language to slip through. We hate heavy censorship and want our users to express their opinions.

At the same time we want a productive discussion and any discussion that is not should be reported to us. We don't want our own users to attack other users thread after thread, once is acceptable since we all do it, although repeated attacks are frowned upon.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Normally I'd just disregard it but some of your staff are complete douchebags. Not naming any names, but while they may have contributed, they're anti-contributing by providing nothing but derogatory comments that provide absolutely no help and are completely unnecessary. I have not seen one positive comment in a long ass time from the unnamed. I'd normally go ahead and candy-coat it, but quite frankly the unnamed is anti-contributing. Gets me thinking "Mature, MY ASS.".

larryr

First cup of MfM
Sadly, thats gonna happen in any forum. People should know this, and take it. There are people who will help you, and those who won't. And besides, people tend to be rude when the "noob" in question dosn't put any time into their question, AKA:

"duzz how can i haz games on my pspz without umd?? some1 help plz"

If you take the time to properly write a question, formally, then the chances are better that you will get a answer that is actually helpful. Sure, you still may get flamed, but the chances are smaller...

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Normally I'd just disregard it but some of your staff are complete douchebags. Not naming any names, but while they may have contributed, they're anti-contributing by providing nothing but derogatory comments that provide absolutely no help and are completely unnecessary. I have not seen one positive comment in a long ass time from the unnamed. I'd normally go ahead and candy-coat it, but quite frankly the unnamed is anti-contributing. Gets me thinking "Mature, MY ASS.".

Go ahead, we all know you are talking about Chaturga. He's going to remain staff and if you guys can't handle it then take a break from the internet. Most of his comments, while harsh, have been right on point. He tells you how it is and we're not going to censor him. We are all entitled to our opinion. Now if he was routinely attacking a user we would talk to him, but that's not the case. He's contributed a lot to the community, you'll need to live with him.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Go ahead, we all know you are talking about Chaturga. He's going to remain staff and if you guys can't handle it then take a break from the internet. Most of his comments, while harsh, have been right on point. He tells you how it is and we're not going to censor him. We are all entitled to our opinion. Now if he was routinely attacking a user we would talk to him, but that's not the case. He's contributed a lot to the community, you'll need to live with him.

^^^ this.

While me and Chat don't always get along, he's done a lot for our community with the likes of the MfM Gamercards and helping bugs with the forums. He does it out of his own goodwill and often without complaint.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
It's just a forum mate, wait until you're out in the real world, rude people are everywhere.

Take care.

Serideth

Honestly I noticed this a lot in gaming communities in general, probably because it's mostly made up of teenagers trying to show off how much they know or their skills.

Thankfully these forums come with an ignore user option, I'll be using it myself.

explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.