• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Any news with M33?

solarnoise

HI all,

Seen a lot of great developments with ChickHEN and GEN releases, but what about M33?

I sure hope DA is still going to be releasing new firmware revisions..

silver_surfer

@ solarnoise:

according to 3r14nd @ maxconsole..

Right now D_A is working on cracking the pre-ipl. As of right now there is no word if he has stopped. If by chance he does crack it I seriously doubt it will be released before the PSPGO comes out.

As of right now the PSPGO does use the same firmware that the PSP 1/2/3k uses. It's already been shown and I believe they already announced that it will be using the same firmware upgrades.

This means that upon release there will be at least 1 kernal exploit to use on it. We should be seeing something coming from D_A once the PSPGO comes out. We should see at least a PSARDumper with the ability to dump the PSPGO files the same way he did when the 3k came out giving the ability to dump the 3k files.

You must understand that every team that he has been with has had a leak that ended up releasing the project early. Due to this, I would assume is the reason why no one has heard anything from him. He's most likely tired of being f*cked over.

january39

eXo Staff
He is working on something. ;)

solarnoise

Hey guys, I'd like to bump this topic because the PSP scene seems pretty crazy right now, with these new CFW's and firmware issues. Will we ever see another m33 release? I'm still using 5.00m33-6, have been hesitant to switch to GEN firmware.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
scene is pretty much dead, and so is M33. Sorry to burst your bubble man :S As much as I'd like to see the scene back alive not much has been done to be honest...

january39

eXo Staff
Im not sure much more can be done, there is the HBL for the go, but in respect to a new M33, i cant see it happening soon - You should try GEN i have found it to be as stable as any M33.

solarnoise

Im not sure much more can be done, there is the HBL for the go, but in respect to a new M33, i cant see it happening soon - You should try GEN i have found it to be as stable as any M33.

Thanks j39 but what about newer games coming out? Do they work on 5.50 GEN? What's with all this business where I can only play "patched" games?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks j39 but what about newer games coming out? Do they work on 5.50 GEN? What's with all this business where I can only play "patched" games?

That only applies to newer games. Right now, a select few require patching as they either have anti-ISO protection or depend on libraries from the firmware 6.x SDK.

I'd expect more compatibility issues to pop up from here on out unless a new CFW is released. The patching method will only work for so long, it's a stop gap measure and a rather hack-ish one at that. Sony is wising up.. and it only took them a couple years :p

As for another M33, D_A still keeps tabs on the scene. There are no plans for a comeback though. I myself use 5.50 GEN currently and haven't ran into any issues with it, barring the odd incompatible game. Not an issue for me since I have another PSP for UMDs.

january39

eXo Staff
I reckon the glory days are over now, ahh the good ol days of lumines and gta lcs :p

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

KezraPlanes

Just some dood