• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

anyone good with ps3? need some help :)

nevster

hiya,

my mates internet went down the other day, we managed to get it all up and running again and we've got his psp, the laptop, and the pc all connecting to the internet but having a bit of trouble with the ps3

it trys to connect, it finds the ip address ok, says the internet connection is ok, but as soon as it trys to connect to the playstation network it times out

he's running ofw 2.17, i dont think its a bug as mine runs fine on 2.17 at my place, so we're a bit stuck lol

all help appreciated,

thanks

nevster

sup m8, yeah he has a psn account, it was working fine till the internet went down. he's getting error code 80028C0C when he trys to login through a game, it wont let him login through the xmb, and wont let him browse the net through it either... we've tried reseting the modem, tried connecting through wirless and wired connections. i've done a search for the error code on the net and it seems a few people are having the same trouble and no succes sorting the problem out. i've got a 40gb pal running 2.17 and mines fine, he's got a 60gb pal running 2.17, (dunno if that would make a difference?) it worked to update the ps3 but seems to not wanna work after the update. been a couple of days now lol

Richlando

Have you tried resyncing the PS3 to the modem?Unplug the modem and wait a round 45 seconds and try connecting the PS3 to it before connecting the PC.It's what I have to do...