• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Are Sites Like This Legit?

andyauff

These kind of sites seem too good to be true, but do they really work? I don't want to waste my time if they're all a scam, but if they aren't....

http://www.freemacbookpro.com/

It seems you need 20 referrals, so I guess that's how they can afford to do this, if it's for real.
And if it does work, how far do your 20 referrals have to go? Just register, or actually complete an offer?

honestly, some times they are, sometimes they aren't. I've know some work cause my friend actually did one (for the G1) and actually got it (He showed me the e-mail saying they sent it, and the phone itself), he probably ended up doing like $25 in offers or something.

Robby

Los Doyers!
From personal experience, some work and some don't.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
These kind of sites seem too good to be true, but do they really work? I don't want to waste my time if they're all a scam, but if they aren't....

http://www.freemacbookpro.com/

It seems you need 20 referrals, so I guess that's how they can afford to do this, if it's for real.
And if it does work, how far do your 20 referrals have to go? Just register, or actually complete an offer?

I've signed up at places like these before and have earned nothing but spam. This was years ago mind you and I *still* get spam.

twelve

I'm not dead
You realise that joshclark site is spamming his own referal links so he can get the free stuff right?

His article about getting free iphones has his referal link at the bottom so that he can get his free iphone.

I wouldn't trust what anyone says about them on a small site like that. If you can find some information from a large well known site then by all means believe it but when the person writing the article is using readers to get their free items I'd ignore everything that they say.