• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC AssaultCube 1.1.0.1 The Best Free FPS Game

elite

Oldie moldie
What is AssaultCube?​

AssaultCube is a FREE multiplayer first-person shooter game, based on the CUBE engine.

Taking place in realistic environments, with fast, arcade gameplay, it's addictive and fun!

With efficient bandwidth usage, it's low-latency and can even run over a 56Kbps connection.
It's tiny too, weighing in at a lightweight 40 MB package available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
On the correct settings, it can even run on old hardware (Pentium III and above).

screenshot-table.jpg

Features in a nut-shell:
  • It's FREE.
  • Open source, available under a zlib-like open source license.
  • Low latency, it can even run across a 56Kbps connection!
  • Light-weight size, only 40MB to download, plus additional maps average 20KB each!
  • With the correct settings, it can run on old hardware (Pentium III and above).
  • Officially runs on most major systems, and maybe even some non-major ones?
  • Has a built in, in-game map editor to help players create their own maps and allows for
  • co-operative editmode in realtime with others!
  • Features a single-player bot system.
  • Supports recording of your game by the "demo" system.
  • Contains 12 multiplayer game modes, including: Deathmatch, Survivor, Capture the Flag, Hunt the Flag, Keep the Flag, Pistol Frenzy, Last Swiss Standing & One-Shot One-Kill (plus team versions of these modes).
  • Comes pre-packaged with 19 different maps!

Available for Lunix, Windows, and MAC.

I am already in a clan. Hope to find you online. :)

Dan

Contributor
Awesome, we're gonna need an eXo clan for this :p

I need a new FPS due to MW2 and Killzone withdrawal symptoms.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Been playing this for over a year now, but I stopped playing for like a month. It really is a fun, simple game.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
This actually sounds interesting. If you guys set up a clan I'm in.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Do hacks still work for this game?
I remember when it first came out, you could do some small edits to the source and have unlimited ammo and other stuff like that, that is what really killed it for me.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I tried this out ages ago but was put off by the amount of hackers I came across. :S

elite

Oldie moldie
1.1.0.3 is out guys.

Meh, if you want to count the number of hackers I encountered in the past 2 months it'd be like 2. The game is now somewhat fair, and especially with clan matches. It's superb. :)

Ray

This sounds intersting if u guys set a clan i might try it, its been a while since i played a pc FPS. o_O