• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Bawwwww

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
This isn't smart talk, and cannot turn into smart talk (Anything political is impossible to be smart).

US Authorizes Killing of American Cleric

I can almost guarantee noone will bitch about it, yet if Bush's administration had done it, then nation would have fucking rioted, under the "everyone who kills people deserves a fair trial" clause.

Adiuvo

No duh. Of course we want him dead.

Still, the prospect of the US allowing assassinations (publically, at least) is suspect morality wise.

But yeah, I agree with you that the nation would have gone crazy if Bush did this. Same with the no-nukes-on-non-nuke-states thing. Not that they're bad things, but Obama seems to evade a lot of the flak that Bush would have gotten.

Nick

i dont get how they can kill people and say its okay. our government is so fucked up :/

Robby

Los Doyers!
I am shocked that they would announce this publicly... They should have kept this a secret.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Obama's doing the exact same thing that Bush was doing..gee..I wonder why..I could be perhaps that he was told what was going on over there. I totally called it.

Chathurga

Oh man this thread is just amazing. Good call putting it in Off Topic, this is like the dumbest thread I've seen in awhile.

My favourite post has to be Robby (along with agentnnc agreeing with him).
I am shocked that they would announce this publicly... They should have kept this a secret.
You'd rather they kept secrets? Just what the fuck.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Oh man this thread is just amazing. Good call putting it in Off Topic, this is like the dumbest thread I've seen in awhile.

Depends what secrets. If it's a matter of national security (Where crucial stuff is held and such) then absolutely.

Adiuvo

Depends what secrets. If it's a matter of national security (Where crucial stuff is held and such) then absolutely.

Agreed. Something like this isn't exactly going to lead to the whole country falling apart, so there's no harm in releasing it.

Robby

Los Doyers!

I was talking from their point of view mainly, don't know why they would release this info as it would only mean bad publicity.

Anywho, yeah this guy deserves to die. If he has intentions on harming innocent US citizens or been involved in acts that may have, then he doesn't deserve a fair trial at all.

Bill

So they shot some guy; who cares? Even if Bush had done something like this, all that would have happened would be a bunch of people bitching and moaning about it on twitter.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
So they shot some guy; who cares? Even if Bush had done something like this, all that would have happened would be a bunch of people bitching and moaning about it on twitter.

No, it would have been all OVER the media. As of now every one of my friends had no absolutely no clue about this, even thought I thought it was common knowledge a few days ago...Had Bush done it there would be fake outrage all over the place.

P.S. IMO Good riddance.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I see no difference in this than what happens when a high level target is spotted in a village in Afghanistan and then we announce, after the fact, that we bombed the shit out of it because there was intel that person was there.

This has happened weekly for the past eight years.

I also would argue completely against the ones who can see into alternate realities and assume what the media would do if this article would have come out two years ago under a different administration.

The fact of the matter is this is borderline un-newsworthy in my opinion.

Can all of the people with crystal balls see what the media would have done if the Bush Administration passed the health care reform? Maybe Bush would be landing on top of Memorial Sloan-Kettering in NY via a helicopter in full surgeons scrubs?

I would argue that the fanfare would still be going on all over Fox News and not be the silent giant that it is today.

What's more important, the passing of universal health care or the wire release that a terrorist has a target on his head?

If you are going to stand up on a soap box and complain about media coverage of anything, you're wasting your breath.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am

There are certain things the government should keep from the public. Hit list included. If it becomes general knowledge of who the government is authorizing assassinations on, then it would eventually become a trend to see who's next. Then people who committing felonies large enough to warrant assassination would be able to try and escape assassination.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
It's not so much of a question of how old I am, but how bored I get.

I have no idea what you mean by that. It's exactly a question of how old you are, because that's what I asked.

I'm asking how old you are because it will help me understand your point of view on things I feel.

If you don't want to answer, just say so.

Adiuvo

There are certain things the government should keep from the public. Hit list included. If it becomes general knowledge of who the government is authorizing assassinations on, then it would eventually become a trend to see who's next. Then people who committing felonies large enough to warrant assassination would be able to try and escape assassination.

The government isn't exactly sending out hit squads to kill murderers and rapists.