• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Best Flash Card?

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
Hey Guys. I have an NDS Lite that I hardly ever use, and have an R4DS flash card for it, but after just a few months the R4 has stopped working completely. I didn't really care about it, up until recently, whereas my twin is having to face a lengthy hospital stay; the DS has been a godsend to him. Problem is, since the R4 doesn't work anymore and the only DS game I have is Pokemon Diamond, he's pretty much stuck with GBA games for the time being. I don't know if this is the same story for every flash card, being generally unreliable, because I don't really follow DS homebrew or hacks, but I'd really apprecaite it if someone could link me to a good flash card. Prefrably one that's quite large (1gb or more) and somewhere around

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
M3 Real with English Sakura firmware is my favorite that I have used, but it doesn't have as good as homebrew support as the regular M3 Real firmware.

The GUI in Sakura is just so pleasant and easy to use once you set it up.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Cyclo-DS by far, it has the most features. I don't have one myself, as I bought an R4 before it came out, but that's the cart I'd get now.

Bran

Yell
I've had my R4 for 2 years and it still works. I've never really had issues playing all the games I've wanted to either.

I don't think they make R4's anymore though. I'd probably get myself a Cyclo-DS when I get a job though and give my GF the R4.

Seth

MD Party Room
I been putting off getting a flash card for years after the DSi came out I thought be it pointless to get one seeing as I just need a flash card for the dsi as well.....But just got around to buying a r4 today... It was only 15 bucks and really dident see the need to pay for $47.99 for a Cyclo-DS.There just not that much different..

Dealwoot.com - Your source for the DSTT, M3DS Real, Cyclo, Nintendo DS, Wii Specials

Bran

Yell
I been putting off getting a flash card for years after the DSi came out I thought be it pointless to get one seeing as I just need a flash card for the dsi as well.....But just got around to buying a r4 today... It was only 15 bucks and really dident see the need to pay for $47.99 for a Cyclo-DS.There just not that much different..

Dealwoot.com - Your source for the DSTT, M3DS Real, Cyclo, Nintendo DS, Wii Specials

Hot damn that's cheap. Free shipping to boot? I wish I had the ability to purchase things from the internet anymore.

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls

The Acekard 2i is only $18 and works on the DSi and original and lite.
DealExtreme: $18.70 Acekard 2i AK2i Multimedia SDHC TF Cart for DSi/NDSi/DS Lite

It's the one I might go with for future proof reasons

Noriyuke

Cyclo-DS by far, it has the most features. I don't have one myself, as I bought an R4 before it came out, but that's the cart I'd get now.

+1 for CycloDS. Great feature range and a great UI to boot.

I +1 The Cyclo as well, it had everything i was looking for, perfect 8GB-16GB MicroSDHC Support. Moonshell Support, and the new firmware has great GBA support and an awesome text reader built ingame, worked wonders for me when i replayed Chrono Trigger, helped me get through all the additions. So i would say, if your looking to load a shit ton of games and not worry about storage, the Cyclo is the way to go, ive had it for 4 months and i use it extensively in this house, me, and my 2 little bros use it all the time, from his old DS to my DS Lite. But if your looking for DSi support from the cyclo, i think your going to have to wait. And oh yeah, the cyclo gets plenty of firmware updates. I bought it with 1.41 and got GBA and Text Reader support a month later with 1.5

Seth

MD Party Room
Why does one need 8gb of data with ds games cant dont go over 100mb..

Noriyuke

Indeed, i normally carry over 200 games, but honestly, ive played about 5-6 for more than 5 minutes. The rest are for proof of concept, because a lot of people tell me "I smell bullshit" when i tell them of these things.

Seth

MD Party Room
HTML:
UK
http://www.modchip-store.co.uk
http://www.techwizad.com
http://www.homeworldz.co.uk
http://www.cyclods-evolution.com

CYCLO::...