• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 Requires PSN Connection

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
03126278-photo-bionic-commando-rearmed-2.jpg

In what seemed like a one-off test for Final Fight Double Impact to foil game sharing might become a standard for Capcom's PSN efforts going forward. It's been confirmed that Bionic Commando 2 Rearmed requires players to sign into their PSN account when launching the title, despite being a solo experience with no online functionality apart from leaderboards.

The game's description on the PSN storefront does note, however, that players can sign off once the authentication process is complete[...]

Continue reading: Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 Requires PSN Connection...

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
So basically if you dont have internet you cant play this game?

Awesome. All it takes is one game to make that leap before it starts becoming more and more mainstream

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
hmm, if this type of drm becomes more prominent on consoles, wouldn't this mean you'd be forced to update your console with each new update to play your games?

*wonders if that's legal*

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
isnt this a psn game? there for you need a internet connection to get it

It is a PSN game. Still, no other SP-only games force a sign-in.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Even still I know it's worth playing, a Guy I know won the remix contest for one of the Challenge rooms . And to me that's enough to buy it hahahhaha

YoKo

And there are lot of places "outside" where no WiFi available, so i am actually forced to play at home or near an wifi spot?? What if i want to play it in a train like i mostly do?? This really sux..
This shall be tied only to consoles or PC's but not for portable devices!
GLOBAL FAIL!!!

Robby

Los Doyers!
Do you need internet connection to play the xbox live arcade version too?