• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

BioShock 2 Pushed Back, Now Pegged for 2010

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
flame-on2bioshock.jpg

There's a slew of hits due out this holiday season, almost too many to count. With such a crowded slate of releases, it's safe to presume that at least one of them would end up suffering from a delay. Sure enough, publisher Take-Two today announced during an investor conference call that it is backpedaling on the release date of BioShock 2, the anticipated follow-up to 2007's hit first-person shooter.

That's right, Take-Two is now pegging a early 2010 release date on BioShock 2. The company cited requiring additional development time as the primary reason for the delay. We'd imagine those looking forward to the title may be a tad bit upset, but pushing it back to a less-crowded 2010 is a sound move to us. BioShock 2 will undoubtedly benefit from extra polishing and exposure.

Justdie

I feel safe in my BOX
what is it with all these games being pushed back to 2010? i mean what are the developers doing at there place??

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It's partially due to Modern Warfare 2, I think. All attention is going to be on that game in November and publishers are pushing back their titles in fear of losing out on sales.