• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Black Friday Shopping Stories

Adiuvo

Seth

MD Party Room
This one time someone paid me 20 bucks for a coupon to get a lcd tv....

Btw I was at target today and saw a shit load of wiis like 10+ and they where just sitting there..Kinda speech less...

kaioshade

Duality
fucking disgusting....

Seriously, Black Friday should be outlawed.

Seth

MD Party Room
I dont understand the 360 one...

Do these people not know what online shopping is...

360 are in stock everywhere..

Edit dident see the whole guitar hero thing...

Also just read this

In New York's Valley Stream, a man working at a Wal-Mart died as a throng of shoppers broke down the doors trying to enter the store at 5 a.m. EST, police said. Four others were hurt in what the company called a "tragic" incident.

At one Best Buy in New Jersey, it took up to 1-1/2 hours for a crowd of 700 to 1,000 people to enter the store at 5 a.m., a manager said.

Sullivan

If it was for Wii or something that would be understandable.

ilyace

I saw the funniest thing at Frys: they made a comparison with their prices for all of their tvs with the other stores, but here's the thing: the models they compared their tvs with were only more expensive just because it was a different, more expensive model of that tv. Sometimes it wasn't even the same brand. On one of them I saw a Samsung 42" lcd being compared with a Mitsubishi 60" lcd lol.

chrono6456

I was planning on getting Left 4 Dead PC for $20 off amazon today. The deal was to go live at 3am, but silly me thought I could just sleep it out, wake up at 9am and order it, surly it wouldn't go out of stock.

Turns out it sold out 3 minutes after 3am. That ended BF for me.

Sullivan

wow, sucks for you.

I got me a 32gb ipod touch. ya!

twelve

I'm not dead
This is fucking pathetic. Prices in the US are much cheaper than they are over here yet it's still not cheap enough for most people. We don't get any massive sales like this.

We get January sales after christmas which typically start on Boxing Day but even then it's no different to any other sale in the year, there's no substantial reduction on big electricals.

twelve

I'm not dead
Hiratai said:
It's the one thing the US has over the UK. Let us enjoy it. :(
What is? Everything being cheaper all year round? Or Black Friday when you get to rub it in our faces even more by getting things cheaper still?

eighty4

The fact that our prices are cheaper but your minimum wage is the same as what some grown people can barely make here.

But you guys have delicious burgers, less crime, intelligent people and an actual government in which doesn't have to put on a mask to hide itself from it's people.

But that's another topic. :)

Colm

twelve said:
What is? Everything being cheaper all year round? Or Black Friday when you get to rub it in our faces even more by getting things cheaper still?
do not go to Ireland.
fyi, people are going from the Republic up north to take in YOUR cheaper prices due to your weakening currency and low, low VAT rates.

twelve

I'm not dead
Eran said:
do not go to Ireland.
fyi, people are going from the Republic up north to take in YOUR cheaper prices due to your weakening currency and low, low VAT rates.
Yeah I'm still waiting for the 2.5% VAT reduction to actually make anything cheaper. So far I'm not seeing it.

Edit: altho that may be because it doesn't come into effect until December 1st. lol
Hiratai said:
The fact that our prices are cheaper but your minimum wage is the same as what some grown people can barely make here.

But you guys have delicious burgers, less crime, intelligent people and an actual government in which doesn't have to put on a mask to hide itself from it's people.
You're welcome to it. I can't wait to leave this turd of a country.

Also minimum wage is higher but still not enough to live on. I know I couldn't survive on minimum wage and I don't even have a mortgage to pay.

eldiablov

Contributor
Hiratai said:
But you guys have delicious burgers

less crime

intelligent people

actual government in which doesn't have to put on a mask to hide itself from it's people.

Not really

You're welcome to come to East London and figure that one out for yourself.

Wrong again, badly.

We have an actual government who are completely fucking retarded when it comes to social issues.

And we have everything ridiculously expensive although we have the stronger currency, we have no sales as Phil mentioned and our public transport system is absolutely pathetic.

Yay for the UK.

Seth

MD Party Room
You guys are welcome to move to detroit...

And it only sucks for you guys after all....How many Geek Nerd gamers who like Video Games,alcoholic beverage,electronics.. If these are your hobeys then move over here... Otherwise everyone else might be better off living in london.