• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Braid "Extremely Profitable," Next Title To Be Completely Different, Says Blow

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
braid3.jpg

Speaking in interview with UK-based mag Total PC Gaming, independent game developer Jonathon Blow dropped word that his hit time-bending platformer Braid has been "extremely profitable," outselling Geometry Wars 2 and thereby cementing its status as the second best-selling XBL effort of 2008.

With that success comes questions concerning what is next. Although many would like to see a follow-up to Braid, Blow says he's busy working on a project that is completely different in every sense of the word.[blockquote2]I've got a lot of projects that I'm always thinking about, and I've got one that I've started that's very different in almost every way from Braid.[/blockquote2]And we're looking forward to seeing it. Always nice to see smaller titles selling well compared to the competition. Gives hope for the little guy.

Braid has been "very profitable" for creator [NowGamer]

Sardu

<p>These days it's almost expected for a "part 2" to come out when a title does well. It's good to see them going a different route.</p>