• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Breaking: Final Fantasy XIII Coming To Xbox 360

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ffxiii_tgs.jpg

This came out of nowhere. As a surprise announcement at Microsoft's E3 conference, Square Enix president Yochi Wada debuted a new Final Fantasy XIII trailer, confirming that the game is indeed heading to Xbox 360.

Furthermore, Wada noted that the Xbox 360 version of FFXIII will be released simultaneously with its previously announced PlayStation 3 counterpart. Specifics regarding a release date were not revealed, however.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

goemon4

<p>There is no reason for anyone to own a PS3 now... Really, sony just lost all their money and future hopes for the console in the future anymore...</p>

Ranelar

<p>The only way I could be made content with the situation is if Sony announced that Phantasy Star would be coming out on the PS3 as well. Then I could at least feel like the two systems would be back on even ground, instead of feeling like my PS3 was a waste of $500. I dont even use the bluray player because I stream movies...

Gwapingn8

<p>must you not forget that PS3's BLUE-RAY format has won the next gen DVD player... so HD is out of the market... and who has an built in BLUE-RAY... yesh indeed PS3. So if you have bought yourself a PS3 don't be pissed, you still got a great bargain for getting a free BLUE-Ray player with it...</p>
<p>on a side note... even PS2 did not start all well either, but look at it now... it is still out there and it is still quite a contender.. now if PS3 can start coming out with more and more games... things will look brighter for it... but as for RPG... i suppose Square Enix realized that by being able to make games for all type of console can they trully make more money that they do.</p>

Ranelar

<p>Like I said, I dont use the bluray player, plus there are rumors that the xbox will come out with a bluray add-on. I don't know what you're talking about with the ps2 not coming out strong. As far as I remember, it was always the console to beat in that generation.</p>

Gwapingn8

<p>Like I said, I dont use the bluray player, plus there are rumors that the xbox will come out with a bluray add-on. I don't know what you're talking about with the ps2 not coming out strong. As far as I remember, it was always the console to beat in that generation.</p>

it was the console to beat when it gained momentum...
when PS2 came out, the best thing about it was that all your old PS1 games are playable on it... but with all the bug fixing and tweaking they had to do on PS2 and almost a year before great titles came out, it took a while.. but once they gained momentum... it was history from there on...

although in comparison PS3 seems to be taking its sweet time to make games that can contend against X-Box 360. Now with Square opening its door to X-box 360... anything can happen. Mind you... part of PS2's success story is Square Enix... that alone and Metal Gear Solid was the reason I stayed with PS2.... If MSG also get's ported to X-Box 360.... then PS3 is toast