• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Buying a pre-RRod xbox360

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
A While ago some one stole my xbox 360 (and i think i know who)

So know i have to buy a new one.

Im lookin at one that already has rrod and was wondering how easy it was to fix this is quote directly from the post.

This Premium XBOX 360 has the 3 red lights. It comes with a 20GB HDD, power source, and cables. Everything you need. In addition the DVD drive is flashed with iXtreme 1.4 to play back up games. CASH ONLY. Will NOT part out.

So how easy does it sound on a scale of 1-10

Just wondering.

twelve

I'm not dead
Is 1 most or least difficult? There's no point in a scale without defining it.

Anyway without knowing what he's already tried to fix it there's no way to know how difficult it will be.

Also find out if it's banned from xbox live.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
Is 1 most or least difficult? There's no point in a scale without defining it.

Anyway without knowing what he's already tried to fix it there's no way to know how difficult it will be.

Also find out if it's banned from xbox live.

I never use xbox live. i don really care about that part

Seth

MD Party Room
just buy a arcade and MS will give you a 20gb HDD for like 20 bucks I think.

I seen a 360 for about 150 dont know how much cheaper it can be...

Also I feel it just luck sometimes it works.sometimes it doesnt...If the guy knew how to flash a 360 I sure he would know how to fix the red rings...

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
just buy a arcade and MS will give you a 20gb HDD for like 20 bucks I think.

I seen a 360 for about 150 dont know how much cheaper it can be...

Also I feel it just luck sometimes it works.sometimes it doesnt...If the guy knew how to flash a 360 I sure he would know how to fix the red rings...

10 Bucks. cant get cheaper then that

twelve

I'm not dead
Would it not be worth trying to get your stolen 360 back? If you think you know who stole it then it should be fairly easy provided that you've downloaded at least one thing from the XBL marketplace.

If you have then go to xbox.com/drm, log in with your live account and follow the steps. When you see a page titled Download Licenses you'll see a 12-digit Console ID.

This number is printed on the back of your console so now you can prove the console is yours.

Seth

MD Party Room

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
Would it not be worth trying to get your stolen 360 back? If you think you know who stole it then it should be fairly easy provided that you've downloaded at least one thing from the XBL marketplace.

If you have then go to xbox.com/drm, log in with your live account and follow the steps. When you see a page titled Download Licenses you'll see a 12-digit Console ID.

This number is printed on the back of your console so now you can prove the console is yours.

i havent downloaded from xbl. it was flashed ever since ive never put it online

I have the reciept but the numbers and date and stuff are rubbed out and faded.

Whisper

Logic :(
10 bucks? You could sell it separately for a profit if you can't fix it. I say go for it.

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
Wow, nice. I bought a modded rrod Xbox for $25 just to fix as a little project of mine. Fixed it with an x-clamp and it works fine, although I don't play that one that often.

I did one of my friends once and it only lasted a month though.
But for $10 thats really good. Its like renting an Xbox.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
Wow, nice. I bought a modded rrod Xbox for $25 just to fix as a little project of mine. Fixed it with an x-clamp and it works fine, although I don't play that one that often.

I did one of my friends once and it only lasted a month though.
But for $10 thats really good. Its like renting an Xbox.

yup just ordered it.

I might try baking it (not in the oven)

or the penny trick.

try all the free stuff first .

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
I wouldn't recommend that. Its only temporary, less then a week is the best I heard from towel trick.

The materials I needed for the x clamp were bought for less then $5 .

And if you need any guidance, I would be glad to help.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
I wouldn't recommend that. Its only temporary, less then a week is the best I heard from towel trick.

The materials I needed for the x clamp were bought for less then $5 .

And if you need any guidance, I would be glad to help.

i hear the penny trick works very well though. If i dont get it up ill pm you.:cool:

twelve

I'm not dead
i hear the penny trick works very well though. If i dont get it up ill pm you.:cool:
Penny trick isn't free in the slightest.

You need an adhesive that conducts heat. They don't come cheap.

If it's made too thick (pennies differ in thickness) you can cause a permanent RROD.

I wouldn't advise it at all.

Try the towel trick first, but that is definitely only a temporary fix if it works. It got me 3 days on my first 360.

Really tho the X-Clamp replacement is the best one to try.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
Penny trick isn't free in the slightest.

You need an adhesive that conducts heat. They don't come cheap.

If it's made too thick (pennies differ in thickness) you can cause a permanent RROD.

I wouldn't advise it at all.

Try the towel trick first, but that is definitely only a temporary fix if it works. It got me 3 days on my first 360.

Really tho the X-Clamp replacement is the best one to try.

hmm ill check it out.

Ill check google search it ; THNX FOR THE HELP.

One more question though. Is there any side effects.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
Yeah if it doesn't work you've wasted $10 :p

okay

Now does this also work with the e74 errors.

i plan on getting one for a friend too. (25$)