• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Call of Duty: Black Ops

MenaceInc

Staff Member
GODDAM FUCKING HACKERS

dqfCp.jpg

Robby

Los Doyers!
If they can fix the party issues and fix the stupid spawn system, this game would be a 10/10
Atleast fix the party issues, I can live with the spawn system if I had too.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Just beat the campaign on veteran, was pretty goddam awesome. Complete mindfuck as well. Now to kill zombies as JFK :cool:

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
The gunship killstreak is absolutely useless on Launch (MP map)...you can't control it as it can't enter the middle of the map due to obstacles most likely and you can hardly get any shots off with it on the actual map itself

Robby

Los Doyers!
The gunship killstreak is absolutely useless on Launch (MP map)...you can't control it as it can't enter the middle of the map due to obstacles most likely and you can hardly get any shots off with it on the actual map itself

I was able to use it on Launch. At one point they started spawning on one of the far ends of the map and I was able to just spawn kill them.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Im about 75% done on campaign. Im a bit disappointed at the levels since many of them are extremely short and very linear which is disappointing. The way the story is told is very confusing, like the first 6 missions dont really explain anything thats going on.

Also, playing on veteran im a bit saddened that its not as hard - granted the levels where you have to push forward are usually always tough on veteran - everything else just seems too easy. Playing on the lowest difficulty must be terribly boring. I have a feeling I know here the story is going which kind of sucks as well. Its all starting to become predictable but I could be wrong.

Havent dabbled in MP yet but so far, but I think the campaign of MW2 is more entertaining.

ilyace

Im about 75% done on campaign. Im a bit disappointed at the levels since many of them are extremely short and very linear which is disappointing. The way the story is told is very confusing, like the first 6 missions dont really explain anything thats going on.

Also, playing on veteran im a bit saddened that its not as hard - granted the levels where you have to push forward are usually always tough on veteran - everything else just seems too easy. Playing on the lowest difficulty must be terribly boring. I have a feeling I know here the story is going which kind of sucks as well. Its all starting to become predictable but I could be wrong.

Havent dabbled in MP yet but so far, but I think the campaign of MW2 is more entertaining.

Nigga you tripin'

On a side note, there's nothing I hate more in MP than getting killed right after I call in my valkyrie missiles.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
I had better immersion with the campaign on MW2, dont get me wrong, BO has its certain levels that are off the chain engrossing but not too many that ive seen for me

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I personally enjoyed MW2's campaign over BO's. Wasn't a huge fan of the missions as I felt like I was very restricted in my movement/exploration (I usually want multiple ways to go about a level but BOs didn't seem to offer as many as I hoped). On top of the endless enemies too... Wasn't a huge fan of the psychological aspect of the story-telling (nice try in attempting to piece the story together in a logical way but it just didn't seem like a COD title for me - more like FEAR or Max Payne)

Robby

Los Doyers!
Does anyone else notice how easy it is to rank up? I'm already about to hit 50, most likely tomorrow after work. It hasn't even felt like I played alot either.

ilyace

I personally enjoyed MW2's campaign over BO's. Wasn't a huge fan of the missions as I felt like I was very restricted in my movement/exploration (I usually want multiple ways to go about a level but BOs didn't seem to offer as many as I hoped). On top of the endless enemies too... Wasn't a huge fan of the psychological aspect of the story-telling (nice try in attempting to piece the story together in a logical way but it just didn't seem like a COD title for me - more like FEAR or Max Payne)

Opinions are like assholes, they all stink but yours is the worst smelling one.

xploren

Contributor
Bought this game a few hours ago, pretty good so far. I'm having fun with both the campaign and multiplayer, and Zombie mode is pretty fun (I never got WaW, so this is my first time playing the mode). I have to agree the campaign is pretty linear too, and I'm not a fan of the driving scenes. And yeah, leveling seems pretty quick, I played multiplayer for just a couple of minutes and I hit level 5 (though that's probably a very little amount).

I get some serious lag in this game sometimes. Hell, I got lag in the intro video as soon as I started up the game.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Just finished the Campaign.

This is my opinion so if you dont like it you can fuck off because I speak purely from a design notation.

1. The storytelling in this one was unique. The whole "mindfuck" element is definitely different from any of the other CoD titles and personally, I feel like it doesnt work the way it should. It works well enough but it just doesnt fit the series. I feel like this should have been a whole different game not under the CoD franchise. That being said, the campaign was a bit weak - dont get me wrong, a lot of the missions were very immersible but not enough of them were. They got the theme going real nicely but threw it off with things like red dot sights in the 60's? Now maybe they did exist back then - my military history only goes back to the 80's but regardless - you have all these old style weapons and then red dot sights and mk7 scopes? Seems a bit off to me.

Regardless. As a whole, the campaign was definitely interesting but a bit predictable. I knew from almsot the start what the entire story was going to be about. yet I kept playing because I wanted to see it not just assume. The best campaign of CoD? Not even close. Personally I think MW1, MW2 and even WaW have a better campaign.

2. Zombies. Cool beans. Kennedy. Pentagon. Shit load of fast zombies. I get it, its awesome. Thumbs up.

3. The multiplayer which I always dread to get into with CoD because of fags i tried out for a bit and I have to say off the bat, Treyarch really did a good job trying to make this CoD title much different than the rest as far as interface goes. Granted its still much the same but seeing your avatar is a change I wasnt expecting.

Playing a few matches I can feel a change, im not sure what it was but I felt it. More balanced I would say like many others have said. Its not so hectic and arcade like like MW2 tried to attempt and did a great job making it that way - but ruined the system at the same time. Leveling seems a bit quick, not sure whats up with that. Otherwise, seems solid. My first match there was a server issue but it was quickly fixed I think. I dont really know what that was about.

Anyway

This game is DEFO not the best CoD ever made, and if you think that than you need to hop off the fanboy dick and ride the core gamer horse because youll easily see that elements of MW1, MW2 and WaW are better in some ways. Black Ops may have made the MP more desirable and used a unique story telling variation to its SP but that doesnt make it the best one. Is it fun? Yea pretty damn fun no doubt about that - but all of them are fun.

My biggest grip - is that single player had far too many bugs for my liking. A console game should never have bugs, even though they are hard to get them all the amount i experienced are a bit absurd for a blockbuster game. Maybe spend more time making the game and less time worrying about if youll make 360 million dollars or 260 million dollars. just saying.

8/10 (only because the MP feels right this time, if it didnt i would give it a 7) Ill migrate to Black Ops multiplayer for sure since MW2 is unbearable and MW1 is dead as a door nail

TL;DR: 8/10 because im not a fanboy. Campaign is so-so, zombies etc etc, MP seems balanced, not the best CoD ever but ill keep playing

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
This game is DEFO not the best CoD ever made, and if you think that than you need to hop off the fanboy dick and ride the core gamer horse because youll easily see that elements of MW1, MW2 and WaW are better in some ways. Black Ops may have made the MP more desirable and used a unique story telling variation to its SP but that doesnt make it the best one. Is it fun? Yea pretty damn fun no doubt about that - but all of them are fun.

you know, i was going with your review up to this point, it's not that you disagree, but that if anyone else agrees, your instantly labeling them as a fanboy who "can't see there are elements of previous made games", is it really so hard to imagine that people could think this is the best CoD made to date?, and of course it borrow's elements from the other 3 games, they all were built on the same engine
My biggest grip - is that single player had far too many bugs for my liking. A console game should never have bugs, even though they are hard to get them all the amount i experienced are a bit absurd for a blockbuster game. Maybe spend more time making the game and less time worrying about if youll make 360 million dollars or 260 million dollars. just saying.
what bugs did you hit?, when i played the campaign the only bug(which i don't think is actually a bug) i got, was the infinite enemy's