• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Call of Duty: Black Ops

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
What's worse than the XP lobbies, is the fucking incessant stream of invites and voice messages from people who are hosting them for MS points of Paypal donations. I file a complaint on every one I receive, even though it does nothing. Unsolicited messages on Live blow.

january39

eXo Staff
I hate the idiots that play music over the lobby, it always sounds like it is being played in a tin can :/

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
What's worse than the XP lobbies, is the fucking incessant stream of invites and voice messages from people who are hosting them for MS points of Paypal donations. I file a complaint on every one I receive, even though it does nothing. Unsolicited messages on Live blow.

Same..instant file complaint from me as well

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
Aargh I'm still waiting for my copy. Must be here by tomorrow or amazon are getting a very strongly worded e-mail.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Aargh I'm still waiting for my copy. Must be here by tomorrow or amazon are getting a very strongly worded e-mail.

They always deliver it on time, at least from my experience. Always worries me though because they do next-day shipping (for release-date shipping) so we won't get a shipping notice till later tonight about the game being on its way. Hoping that my mailroom here will have the game sorted out for tomorrow after my classes

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I'm heading to a midnight launch at GAME since I have a bunch of reward points on my game card and can save money on it, should be getting it for about

TeamOverload

I've received a bunch of games over the past few months from them, and every single one has come on release day, so I wouldn't expect any different for this.

OUTL4W

Also ordered from amazon and waiting on that "shipment sent" email.
But FYI...
theater site is up...

http://www.callofduty.com/theater

Upload (Max 30 sec.) Clips and Pictures.

Has a direct to YouTube feature too.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Also ordered from amazon and waiting on that "shipment sent" email.
But FYI...
theater site is up...

http://www.callofduty.com/theater

Upload (Max 30 sec.) Clips and Pictures.

Has a direct to YouTube feature too.

Not to sound like a dick on account of having a capture card, but I kind of like the 30 second limit.

El Diablo

Am I the only one who thinks it is ridiculous the way the game is being distributed on the PC? Forcing everyone to wait until 12:00 est is fucking so beyond retarded. Console players are able to purchese their game and head right home and play it, hell people had their games delivered to them over the weekend, or even downloaded leaked copies a week ago. However when it comes to PC users even in fucking UK, they are shit out of luck and even if they purchase their game retail at 12:00 on the 9th, they pretty much have to wait until 7:00 in the morning of the 10th to be able to play it? I mean seriously who the hells plan was this.

Some cunt on the steam forums started arguing with people telling people how logical it was for them to do it this way and force PC users to wait, saying I was angry because I cannot understand simple logic. Now, I may not be the best person in school when it comes to being book smart but I feel when it comes to common sense and logic I do alright. I tried very hard to come up with a situation where literally taking a shit on a portion of your market was logically the most practical decision to make for the better of your company and this was all I was able to come up with.

Activision Employee 1: "Hmm, with recent games the PC market has seen a decline over the console market. What is some way we can really grab PC users attention and raise our profits from that market and show we care about them?"

Activision Employee 2: "I got it!"

Activision Employee 1: "Oh yeah? What your idea?"

Activision Employee 2: "Okay, you ready? What we do is we release the game at 12:00 Tuesday morning of November 9th along with the game for the console versions."

Activision Employee 1: "Well yeah, I mean we were going to do that anyway though that's how it's been for years and years what are you getting at?"

Activision Employee 2: "No no, see listen. This time though what we do is when they try and take their game home and install it and play it, they will find out they won't be able to play it!"

Activision Employee 1: "Wait, so you want us to release the game at the normal time and then when they get home, not actually allow them to install the game and play it and make them wait?"

Activision Employee 2: "Exactly! Let me give you an example. I'll use the UK in this instance. Normally they can buy their game and play it when they get home at 12:00 right? Well this time how about we make them wait until let's say 4pm in the afternoon. I think it will be a good idea to unlock everyones game at a certain time later in the day."

Activision Employee 1: "Oh I see, so you suggest we activate the game for everyone at the same time right? I assume that's probably 12:00 pacific time right? Since they are the last ones getting it we'll activate everyones at that time right?"

Activision Employee 2: "No it's not at 12:00."

Activision Employee 1: "Oh? If it's not at 12:00 then what time exactly are you planning on doing this?"

Activision Employee 2: "Oh I don't know, that's about 7 or 8 in the morning for pacific time I think that's a good time."

Activision Employee 1: "So I'm supposed to understand you are saying that instead of releasing the game at 12:00 for everyone in their time zone, you think we should wait until 7:00 am pacific time until everyone around the world to be able to play their game on their PC while all of their friends have been able to play for the past 12+ hours on their consoles? Where is you logic behind this and how exactly does it benefit us?"

Activision Employee 2: "Ah, I thought you would never ask. You see, the extra ~12+ hours we make people wait to be able to play their game depending on where they live will only increase the hype behind the game. It will pump people up for the game and only make even more people want to buy the game for the PC and not their xbox or ps3. In addition not only will that happen, but even more people in general will buy our game after seeing our brilliant marketing strategy. Users who normally would not be interested in this game will be paying for it just to see if all of those extra hours were worth the wait. There is no way this can hurt us only improve. Accounting is projecting our numbers to come out to seeing the highest revenue from the PC market in the last 7 quarters, this will jump start the age of PC gaming again."

Activision Employee 1: "....Wow. I am at a loss for words. I think the only thing I can say is brilliant, get right on that. Soon we will be rolling in the money laughing at our success."

If anyone sees the logic of how this is a good idea for them to do from a business stand point, I literally beg of you to explain it to me in the most simple terms you can think of because for the life of me I don't see how this benefits anyone in anyway what so ever.

Deathrow

One more day guys!

Lots of videos on youtube guys! If your thinking another lame Call of Duty, then I encourage you to check out some of the extra features.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Am I the only one who thinks it is ridiculous the way the game is being distributed on the PC? Forcing everyone to wait until 12:00 est is fucking so beyond retarded. Console players are able to purchese their game and head right home and play it, hell people had their games delivered to them over the weekend, or even downloaded leaked copies a week ago. However when it comes to PC users even in fucking UK, they are shit out of luck and even if they purchase their game retail at 12:00 on the 9th, they pretty much have to wait until 7:00 in the morning of the 10th to be able to play it? I mean seriously who the hells plan was this.

Some cunt on the steam forums started arguing with people telling people how logical it was for them to do it this way and force PC users to wait, saying I was angry because I cannot understand simple logic. Now, I may not be the best person in school when it comes to being book smart but I feel when it comes to common sense and logic I do alright. I tried very hard to come up with a situation where literally taking a shit on a portion of your market was logically the most practical decision to make for the better of your company and this was all I was able to come up with.

If anyone sees the logic of how this is a good idea for them to do from a business stand point, I literally beg of you to explain it to me in the most simple terms you can think of because for the life of me I don't see how this benefits anyone in anyway what so ever.

I completely agree, that's stupid. Kind of glad I'm not really a PC gamer :p

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Agreed, the forced unlock business is beyond stupid. It should unlock at midnight across all regions.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Meh, I don't mind so much. I should be working on my last assignment anyways. Gunna save money getting it at the retail store either way so don't mind. It is slightly annoying but that's what happens with a system where the admin are based in the PST timezone xD

Although....
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

3,087/ 3,087 Call of Duty Black Ops - Multiplayer
2,087/ 2,087 Call of Duty Black Ops

El Diablo

Some people in the UK and other parts on that side of the world were able to install their games and get into multiplayer somehow around the lock, but the majority of them pretty much have to wait to play, which I think is bullshit. If a game is advertised as being released on the 9th you should be able to buy it and play it on the 9th, no one should be having to wait until who knows when in the day to be able to play it while the other systems are able to.

Also I know I'm a huge hypocrite since a year ago I was posting that everyone complaining about mw2 for the PC was stupid and suck it up since you had to pay the same price as everyone else and who cares about dedicated servers and what not :)p) but that was because I bought it for a console, it's nice to see they are still shafting PC users. At least we get dedicated servers and what not this time, and I guess them forcing me to wait to play my game ensures that I will be in class tomorrow since I won't be able to play my video game.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Reading through the steam user forums, it seems that retail copies are playable, same as MW2 was last year. I'll be online later then :3

El Diablo

Since you're in Australia I think it should be unlocked by now. Still a long time for us :(.