• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Can't decide

Slasher

Suck It
A pandora battery works with any firmware, so what it's on currently doesn't matter.

That's true, but since he bought his PSP with a relatively lower firmware, that means that it's more likely to not sport a newer TA-XXX mobo that blocks pandora
IIRC the newer 2000s just can't make a battery, but they can still use it. It's the 3000s that can't do either. It's been really long since I've messed around with the PSP scene though, so don't quote me on this.
Not right. The newer 2000's can't load a pandora battery either. It's completely blocked, much like the 3000 is

Bump:

You could try this for the magic memory stick
http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1580

It would put 4.01 M33 on the memory stick and allow you to upgrade to it by using pandora. From there, you can upgrade to the latest 5.00 M33-4

Adiuvo

Ah, thanks Slasher. Is there a specific motherboard designation for PSPs that are effected?

I really need to start brushing up on the PSP scene again.

Slasher

Suck It
Ah, thanks Slasher. Is there a specific motherboard designation for PSPs that are effected?

I really need to start brushing up on the PSP scene again.

I believe it's the TA-88 v3 motherboard that is unhackable at this point in time

Also read up here for some information regarding the progress on these particular motherboards: Sceners.org - TA088v3 Signing Hacked.

And some more relevant information:
Sceners.org - About PSP3000 Battery
Sceners.org - PSP3000 has TA-090

Bran

Yell
The magic memory stick thing is useful, but I was asking for links to a Pandora battery since I don't want to risk killing my battery and 1001 by shoving the slim's battery in there to make a Pandora.

Unless someone wants to just let me borrow their's and I'll mail it back. haha... I'm kinda serious I'd put like 5 bucks in the envelope when I return it.

Slasher

Suck It
The magic memory stick thing is useful, but I was asking for links to a Pandora battery since I don't want to risk killing my battery and 1001 by shoving the slim's battery in there to make a Pandora.

Unless someone wants to just let me borrow their's and I'll mail it back. haha... I'm kinda serious I'd put like 5 bucks in the envelope when I return it.

I was updating Adiuvo on recent happenings in my last post :cool:

Going back to your original question; you could just buy any premade datel battery tool, or any stock psp-1000 battery since you'll need it to be a psp-1000 battery in order to get it in your psp-1000 to convert it. Buying a 1000 battery as far as I know absolutely guarantees that it will work no matter what. After looking in one of the links I posted above, here, it seems as though there's a possibility that sony may actually be altering batteries now to prevent them from being activated into service mode. 1000 batteries seem to have no alteration though

Also, I'm not sure about buying 3rd party batteries other than datel. I don't think they work the same, but I could be wrong

Bran

Yell
I was updating Adiuvo on recent happenings in my last post :cool:

Going back to your original question; you could just buy any premade datel battery tool, or any stock psp-1000 battery since you'll need it to be a psp-1000 battery in order to get it in your psp-1000 to convert it. Buying a 1000 battery as far as I know absolutely guarantees that it will work no matter what. After looking in one of the links I posted above, here, it seems as though sony may be actually altering batteries now to prevent them from being altered into service mode
Will I just have to get that from Ebay or something? I don't know where I can just get a 1000 battery otherwise. Or where can I get this datel tool battery?

Bran

Yell
I'll probably get that if I can't figure something else out.

Bump: I'm curious as to why the slim battery does not work on the phat. I can't imagine anything that would cause the problem other than the phat would charge at a higher volt/amp or something. If the phat just tried to draw more than the battery could put out would that really hurt the battery?

Seems odd to me.

It seems like the post merge is a little broken?

Slasher

Suck It
If you sent me your slim battery in the mail, I wouldn't mind pandoraing it for you and sending it back. I would just have to figure out how the hell to send it back to you lol, I've never done anything like that before. Also, I don't know how much the shipping would cost

Once your psp gets hacked, then you could easily just convert it back with Hellcat's pandora utility

Also, check out here: It is possible
In addition to the amount of stories I've heard of it ruining batteries, I've also heard numerous success stories

Seth

MD Party Room
I'll probably get that if I can't figure something else out.

Bump: I'm curious as to why the slim battery does not work on the phat. I can't imagine anything that would cause the problem other than the phat would charge at a higher volt/amp or something. If the phat just tried to draw more than the battery could put out would that really hurt the battery?

Seems odd to me.

It seems like the post merge is a little broken?

IT not that it doesnt work...It that it doesnt Fit...

Bran

Yell
IT not that it doesnt work...It that it doesnt Fit...

noooooo it's not. To tell you the truth I bought a PSP 2000 and tried to stick the battery in the PSP 1000 and made it fit by hacking off plastic bits of the PSP.

It promptly killed the battery. I had the 1000 plugged into the wall and the battery was low on charge so I suspect the 1000 killed it by putting too much juice into it, but I don't want to try that theory again cause the gamestop guy will probably get wise since I played dumb to trade for a different one and he checked to see if the battery worked on the one he traded me for.

Bump: also cause I know this PSP will work cause it has the low firm.

Bump: also cause I know this PSP will work cause it has the low firm.