• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Wii Capcom Announces Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, RE Classics Line

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
residentevilthedarksidechronicles.jpg

If you enjoyed the fast paced on-rails gameplay of Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, you're in a real treat. Capcom today announced that a sequel to last year's zombie shooter is headed exclusively for Wii this winter. Not quite what we expected following comments made by Capcom PR man Matt Dahlgre, who beforehand hinted that the announcement would have something to do with Code Veronica.

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles is based on the storyline of Resident Evil 2, featuring fan favorite characters Leon S Kenney and Claire Redfield. The game promises to cover missing pieces of story elements that went left unturned in Umbrella Chronicles.

Capcom also announced the Resident Evil Classics line, which will consist of slightly enhanced ports of the old RE GameCube titles with added Wii Remote controls. Resident Evil and Resident Evil Zero are the first slated to receive this treatment, both of which have already been released on Wii in Japan. Priced at $29.99 each, the titles are due out in North America later this year. Capcom calls it an attempt at making the series more accessible to the Wii audience.

Attachments

• SS0010R_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
    SS0010R_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 107
  • SS0008R_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
    SS0008R_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 112
  • SS0007R_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
    SS0007R_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 96
  • SS0005R_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
    SS0005R_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 87
  • SS0004R_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
    SS0004R_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 90
  • SS0003R_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
    SS0003R_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 91
  • SS0002R_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
    SS0002R_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 95
  • SS0001R_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
    SS0001R_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
    827.4 KB · Views: 88
  • ES0001R_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
    ES0001R_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
    557.4 KB · Views: 85
  • ES0004R_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
    ES0004R_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
    540.9 KB · Views: 92

MenaceInc

Staff Member
makes no sense why they wouldn't just do a full remake of Resident Evil 2 and 3 if they are bothered to do the chronicles games...

<p>Oh man i was having high hopes for this, what a shame it's turned out to be a dissapointment!</p>
<p>As previous poster said why not make remake of RE2? as that was my fave of the series ever, I'd love to play that again with a new lick/coat of paint!!!</p>
<p>Greedy'n lazy Capcom that's what has happened, a quick cash in and yet another MILKING, makes me sick! Just give what the gamers want!!!...</p>

Sardu

<p>I guess Wii hasn't proven itself Money-wise yet for Capcom to give it a full original RE.</p>
<p>/sarcasm</p>

jamesandnotyou

<p>I don't want to be a hater but i think they should make a remake of RE 1 and or 2 in the RE 4/5 engine. BUT keep it really scary =D</p>