• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

ChickHEN for Firmware 5.03 R2

BerkayB

I think the problem is.... it's because the psp is from japan, me too my psp is from japan and I can't make this thing to work in my psp.
It's just a thought.
Should work on every PSP...:confused:

Kratosjohn

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://i44.tinypic.com/6ftugm.jpg">[i44.tinypic.com]</a>
<a rel="nofollow" href="http://i42.tinypic.com/2hs99bl.jpg">[i42.tinypic.com]</a>
<a rel="nofollow" href="http://i40.tinypic.com/2lnes20.jpg">[i40.tinypic.com]</a>

Hmmmm....

Hardrive

Contributor
<a rel="nofollow" href="http://i44.tinypic.com/6ftugm.jpg">[i44.tinypic.com]</a>
<a rel="nofollow" href="http://i42.tinypic.com/2hs99bl.jpg">[i42.tinypic.com]</a>
<a rel="nofollow" href="http://i40.tinypic.com/2lnes20.jpg">[i40.tinypic.com]</a>

Hmmmm....

It only works on firmware 5.03. You have upgraded past this. You can't downgrade at this time, so you're SOL.

Jeymz

Ok so I bought my first psp ever about a week ago. I've done quite a bit of research and finally figured out that there has indeed been an exploit. FINALLY!!! Now here's my question. When I got my PSP 3000 It came with FW 5.03 however i (being the inpatient person i am) upgraded to 5.50. Now I know there isn't an easy downgrade option but while searching I found that there is a special battery (NOW THE PANDORA BATTERY) but it's called Lite Blue. Now if I am correct I can use this battery (If it even works) to downgrade my firmware from 5.50 to 5.30 and then be able to load HEN correct?

bellae86

oh yeah, and if it works for you, donate to davee. even if it didn't, donate! donate, donate, donate! freeware developers need money more than big corporate developers!!! O(^_^)O

Capo

My Psp Slim 2010 has a PICTURE folder in ROOT. I put the ChickHEN folder there, but it just didn't work; it only shut down. I then made the PHOTO folder inside the PSP folder and placed ChickHEN there. It now works every time. Hope this helps.

Yingy

i cant seem to find MS-root...
i can see MP_root, music, picture, psp, video, MEMSTICK.IND and MSTK_PRO.IND but there is no ms_root... where can i find it?

xist

The Root of your MS is just that...the very bottom level (i.e. when you click on the Memory Stick in explorer and it opens up displaying the contents). It's not a folder or named location in the sense that you're thinking.

Nikolaos

ChickHEN on Japanese PSP-2000 TA-088 v3 doesn't work.

I have read many forums and comments and it seems that the people who try everything to get ChickHEN to load have Japanese PSP's.

I have tried R1 & R2 of ChickHEN over 100 times.
I have tried PHOTO & PICTURE folders.
I have restored PSP to default & Formatted Memory card.
I have tried different battery's & memory cards.
I have tried with and without images.
I have tried putting slim.tiff in a folder as well as just in PHOTO or PICTURE.
I have tried the "100%" solutions with the different images that go with slim.tiff.
Yes h.bin is in the root X:/ aka ms0:/.

Please Team Typhoon, look into this matter & release a fix.

jYhad

After a few days of trying this out, I think I figured something out:

PSP-3001 (Ratchet) - Brite (03G) TA-090 V2
-------------------------------------------
I had all the same symptoms as most users...launch the TIFF and black screen. Apparently something to do with some memory corruption or location. Other users with the same configuration were able to use it, others were not. It is not likely they have "different" models, so most likely and logical difference is the flash card.

I took my Sony MemoryStick and formatted it (in PSP) and loaded the Chickhen R2 on it just as before..and *BAM* it works 100% of the time.

Simply do this and put all the homebrew items on another card and you should be good to go!

I have a custom theme and UMD autostart "on". No special waiting or sequence for the Tiff. Just simply go to Photos folder and *BAM* reboot.

Appears that the issue might be with some memory sticks, perhaps quality control. Flash is known to have many issues when using cheap ones.

Good luck - Happy HEN

hunkychap

Hey Davee and team. You hav done a lot for PSP owners. Ur HEN has contributed a lot. R2 added some cream on it. Now, instead of makin prople diabetic please do somethin for FW 5.50. Its a humble request please allow us also to njoy and hav fun with our new PSP 3k.
Your one statement stating that you people are working on it would also make us happy. Plz .........Plz.........

raqmod

i've tried everything that you guess have display on the comments.

but it can't work. mine psp is 1008. i dont know whether it could work or not. i've accidentally upgrade mine psp from 3.70 cfw to 5.50 ofw.. thought it was cfw, tried to play ISO/CSO.. doesnt appear in the game folder. so i was given some tips on downloading chickHEN R2.. still it doesnt work.. i can't even access the recovery menu. i tried going around different forums and ask for help. still no solution available. can someone suggest something for me. i'm really breaking down with stress without my games..

ravtrap

Thanx for the excellent work Guys thank u very much.

And the for the guys who still not able to install the Exploit in their PSP go through my steps and u will be able to install with 100% accuracy.

Steps:

1.Install 5.03 Firmware (If already installed proceed to step 2).

2.Format ur memory card.

3.Reset PSP to default settings.(Extreme left).

4.Connect PSP to system.

5.(This is the most common mistake every one doing) Create a folder named "PHOTO" in caps in f:/PSP/PHOTO.

6. Copy the ChickHEN folder from slim or Phat (which u have downloaded).

7.Copy h.bin file in f:/ (Not in MS_ROOT folder).

8.Switch of and switch on and got to Pictures/ChiCken/ Wait........ and ur done its done.

Hope i resolved ur issues CHEERS every one.

Nikolaos

I tried this on 3 different memory sticks,

1. 32 MB Official Sony Stick
2. 8 GB Official SanDisk Stick
3. 8 GB Fake Sony Stick

Formatted all of them before usage.
Nothing works!

JAPANESE PSP 2000's ARE HAVING PROBLEMS! Please address this, thank you.