• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

ChickHEN Released - Homebrew on "ALL" PSPs!

eXo

M for Messenger
Just a few moments ago Team Typhoon released a homebrew enabler for the Playstation Portable. This HEN (labeled as 'ChickHEN') will allow PSP owners to execute homebrew code on their PSP so long as they are not on the latest PSP firmware (5.50). Sony released 5.50 shortly after the tiff exploit was found, the exploit [...]

More...

Fanjita

Congratulations guys, I'm glad you managed to pull through.

Best of luck with all your future efforts - look me up any time if you need anything.

-Fanj.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Great work Davee and team! Job well done...except for the part where it doesn't work right now :D Patiently awaiting the next revision

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
I saw something in Davee all along, still in debt to me in points :p

Good job guys, don't let the fame get to your head ;)

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
i cant play homebrews on mmy psp but it says 5.03 chickhen

Sadly that is all that it does right now. It was not fully tested after a bug was fixed and therefore loads but doesn't load homebrew (so you can load into the HEN environment but not homebrew right now)

rileysnotz

I don't care that it doesn't play homebrew's at the moment. It's great to see my own psp3k running the HEN :D great job Davee and team

raing3

Great work Davee. I can't wait to try it out, can't yet apparently my battery is too low for an update to be installed, what idiot throught that up :(.

roasted

Dear Davee,

I have an old GBA... the first version without a backlight. I also bought pokemon firered a few years back. I would love to play it again but the screen on my GBA is really really gay. I cannot see anything unless there is a lot of ambient light in the room. I say ambient because if i use a directional light than i get a really big glare shining back at my face... good for tanning not so good for being a pokemon master =(

So... I bought a PSP in january hoping to play pokemon on it. It did not make sense to get a new GBA since I already have one and they sell for about $100 now. I also did not want a DS because the dual screen scares me. I think i might go cross eyed cause I would try to look at both screens at the same time. Anyways, little did i know the psp was a 3000 unit. So... I waited patiently for a HEN release for 5 months but it appears to still need a little work. I am super grateful for all the work you and your team have put in (during your exams)... but it would be awesome if I had pokemon running on my psp by tomorrow. Why tomorrow? Well its my birthday and its what i have been wishing for every day for the last 5 months.

k that is all

Thanks!

Dboy6778

congratulation~~~~~~ great job davee.
there still be one problem
I can't find any available simulator working on Chickhen.
how can i get it ?
Thx

Cryox

Bro.
Great work Davee. I can't wait to try it out, can't yet apparently my battery is too low for an update to be installed, what idiot throught that up :(.

A smart person did. It helps prevent people from bricking or semi bricking while updating

WalangAlam

thank you Davee. I will be waiting for the real deal, i.e., HEN version that can play homebrew and emulators. You like making other people wait right? You deserve the attention and popularity though ;).